Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would offer a big fat HaHa to the 2 or 3 Gore supporters on SBW. On the news(liberally biased I might add) reported that the recount by the media in Florida revealed that Al Gore would not have gained enough votes in the PREDOMINANTLY DEMOCRATIC counties in South Florida. :D:D:D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Lol, what a freakin loser! All that crap for nothing. I wonder how much tax money was spent on all that. Oh well, I voted for Bush!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scotty said:

Don't worry about it, they'll just take it out of social security.:D
LOL!! :D:D

Hillary and Bill stole the Social Security Lock Box. :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
Canadian POV

I dunno boys. Bush seems set to cut off free trade between the US and Canada. He doesn't seem to give a rats arse that this could really screw both economies worse than even the e-commerce meltdown. And in a time of supposed dissarmament do you guys really want a President who will spend billions on the most complex missile defence system ever? We need peace and prosperity, not war and issolation. I would have voted Gore, Bush scares me and many other Canadians.

·
Registered
698 Posts
RCjohn said:
Just thought I would offer a big fat HaHa to the 2 or 3 Gore supporters on SBW. On the news(liberally biased I might add) reported that the recount by the media in Florida revealed that Al Gore would not have gained enough votes in the PREDOMINANTLY DEMOCRATIC counties in South Florida. :D:D:D
RCJohn, do you have a link for this bit of news? I'm currently in a heated argument with a stupid-a** co worker. He's a bleeding-heart liberal and insists Al Gore won and George W. cheated. What a moron. I'd love to stick this news to him just to shut his a** up.

The liberals just can't accept the fact that the honeymoon is over. 8 yrs of lies, spins, corruption, & infidelity by Clinton and his allies is over. Sometimes I can't believe that even to the bitter end, the Clinton-Gore people tried to hang on with tooth & nail. Even to the point of spinning & lawyering the FL State & US Constitution in an attempt to change the rules in their favor. I can go on & on but I'll spare you my TRUE feelings about the past 8 years. Truth, justice, & honor is once again back at the White Hourse.

PS: To those liberals who voted for Clinton TWICE--this is just a continuation of Elder Bush administration(I know how much you hate to hear this! Heh-heh! :D)

·
Founder
4,761 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
F'n Liberal Media

You know that if this count had gone the other way, we would have heard nothing else for a week, except that Gore won and the whole Bush presidency is a farce. But, now that it's proved that Bush won, we hear NOTHING about it, barely a peep from the Liberal Media Weenies that Bush really won. I couldn't be more disgusted with the people who decide what is newsworth and what is not.

Thank God for Fox News and the O'Reily Factor, I love this guy, he doesn't cut any of those lying jackasses any slack.

I also love all this crap lately about what a crooked liar Clinton is. After all the lies of the last 8 years, and now with the pardon stuff the media is saying "Hey this guy's a liar and has no character, what a shock." Where the hell have they been for the last 8 years?

Later,
Eric

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Canadian POV

machman said:
I dunno boys. Bush seems set to cut off free trade between the US and Canada. He doesn't seem to give a rats arse that this could really screw both economies worse than even the e-commerce meltdown. And in a time of supposed dissarmament do you guys really want a President who will spend billions on the most complex missile defence system ever? We need peace and prosperity, not war and issolation. I would have voted Gore, Bush scares me and many other Canadians.
Humm... where do I start? ;)

If you want Gore then we would be happy to send him to you. :p

Free trade: Bush is trying to restore some of the jobs lost to Canada under the Clinton rejime(sp).

... spend billions on most complex missile defense system ever? Yes I want that. We need the system due to the fact that China, thanks to Clinton, has soo much of our technology we are going to get smack in the middle of the biggest cold war you could imagine. The bastard Clinton is a Communist and always has been. Disarmament is a freaking myth.

Peace and prosperity... what a damn joke. It's not going to happen. There has been war all over the world forever. What makes you think that Gore could do anything about it?

Gore is nothing but a self serving liar. He is actually a better liar than Clinton because he will look you square in the eyes and lie to you.

If you are afraid of Bush then I am sorry... don't be such wussies. That is why Canadians have such gun restrictions and less freedom.

Don't take any of this personally. Just remember that all the info Canada gets comes from our lying liberally biased media. You don't get the whole truth and that sucks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
right on john...

actually although i dont really agree w/or see where bush is going w/a lot of his financial plans i trust him & am willing to give them a shot.. why? because he (if i read correctly) is the only president to ever have an MBA.

dont need a military/missle defense system.. well john summed that up but i will add that wwII is what got us out of the great depression... which shows that war is good for the economy. & lets not for get that isrial, pakistan, & india are all now nuclear.. or will be shortly. india (i believe) has even armed subs w/nucs.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SpeedPhreak said:
right on john...

actually although i dont really agree w/or see where bush is going w/a lot of his financial plans i trust him & am willing to give them a shot.. why? because he (if i read correctly) is the only president to ever have an MBA.

I with you there. I have very limited business knowledge. :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
The Missile Defense system that's been making the rounds lately is based upon the system originally envisioned by the Reagan Administration. Back then it was fantasy--thus the "Star Wars" monicker. Today however, it's less fantasy, and more reality thanks to the further development of laser technology. The National Missile Defense will in simple terms, consist of laser-satellites in a geosyncronous orbit around the Earth, and ground based laser guns. When an ICBM launch is detected, each launch will be tracked by the satellites and ground lasers. When the missile reaches space(before it makes a U-Turn to return to Earth and hit its targets), the laser-satellites and ground lasers will destroy the ICBM. Lasers are used as opposed to missiles(like the Patriot) because laser is faster and significantly more accurate. There's no need to lead the target since the light arrives on target the instant it's turned on. The destruction is also more complete. There are already ground based lasers in working prototypes, as well as shipborne and airborne lasers undergoing tests. It's just a matter of further development(ie more money and some time) before a system can be put in place.

The main beef the Russians & Chinese have against this MDS is that it has the potential to make the US invincible to nuclear attack. Therefore, they're afraid that we are going to bully them around and excert more influence around the world. If you think about this logically, we can bully them around now so what else is new? Those two countries just don't want us in the way because they themselves want to dominate their regions now and in the future. The Europeans are afraid that once we have the MDS in place, we will withdraw our forces from Europe and nobody will help them solve their problems. Again, all they care about is not having to foot the bill in maintaining a strong military. Instead, they want the US to do it for them. In general, the most vocal complainers of the MDS are the once with the most to loose.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW, I work at the facility(in Oak Ridge, TN) where part of the laser research was done. It is very interesting stuff but I have already told you TOO MUCH so stop asking me questions. :eek::D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Using something like the HAARP makes more sense to me. The problem with using pinpoint lasers is you have to track it somehow. With the advent of radar absorbing materials (stealth technology), our satellites can be renderred useless. You can't shoot at what you can't see. The HAARP is, simply put, an active shield...almost like Star Trek. Shields up to stop the enemy missiles and shields down for our counterstrike (if any.) You only need enough tracking to know that missiles have been launched. An ionospheric shield would still not be able to stop submarine launched missiles or other short/medium range nukes however. That's where interceptor technology might help.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The idea of the Star Wars technology was for the ICBMs. The safest way to destroy them is to destroy the warheads before re-entry into the atmosphere. Apparently they decided it could be used in a more broad scope. Deterence(sp) is the only other proven effective means of defending ICBMs. The cruise missiles can be shot down but the warheads will still be there. Not a big problem as long as they fall into a nice deep ocean but not a good thing to be lying around a farmer's field. :eek:

If you know of any we(my employer) can remove them for a nominal fee though. ;)

I will add that any laser system that would be used to stop our ICBMs(sub launched) had better be damn good and damn fast because if we lauch it is going to be plentiful. One ICBMs contains several re-entry vehicles(warheads). It is highly unlikely that we would launch just one missile.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts