Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Son's New ride!!

Here is my 6 year olds' rebuilt pocket bike!
Mods-
-Replaced all broken fairings and headlight.
-New sticker kit
-Performance carb, velocity stack, and high flow air filter
-Bar ends and Frame sliders
-Grips
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
I cant begin to describe how incredibly cool it is!


can you powdercoat the frame black for a better match? And why does it have a headlight?



Very cool. Your son's a lucky kid :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to powder coat the frame, but he won't let me take it away that long, cause he rides almost everyday.

Not sure shy it has a headlight, cause its not street legal. He just rides from our circle down to the next (a couple of blocks)...not much traffic and he knows to stop at the signs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
ouch, how did he do that?


Or was it you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,400 Posts
Well believe me that is impressive. In the "before" & "rebuilt" stages. I simply did not realize they looked so much like the real thing. Mind you my knowledge goes way back to the late 80s in what we called "mini bikes" of 49cc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Vash said:
ouch, how did he do that?


Or was it you?
Nope it was him, more than once!!! Lets see...he has lowsided into some gravel, hit a curb, and ran into the back of the neighbor kid who has one just like it. He got right back on after each fall. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Smitty said:
Well believe me that is impressive. In the "before" & "rebuilt" stages. I simply did not realize they looked so much like the real thing. Mind you my knowledge goes way back to the late 80s in what we called "mini bikes" of 49cc.
They even have CBR 600 look alikes that are 4stroke 150cc..I found one on ebay and it sold for $600 used..But they are not street legal..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
Man that's awesome. Great job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
There was a pic somewhere on this site of a kid on a pink minibike dragging a knee... anyone know what I'm talking about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,447 Posts
Vash said:
There was a pic somewhere on this site of a kid on a pink minibike dragging a knee... anyone know what I'm talking about?
Yeah, it was a pic I found on the 'net one day. It was posted in the Racing Pic's thread, or whatever it was called. Here 'tis again.






bhartwig32, I think it's great what you've done with your kid's bike, but I can't say I agree with letting him ride on the road, regardless of how safe you think he is or how many road rules he knows. No offence, just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
bhartwig32 said:
No offense at all cookee, it probably is dangerous, but he loves it!
Sweet pocket bike, man.

As long as he's supervised, I think it would be only marginally more dangerous than him riding a bicycle on the street. Especially if it's a dead end or very low traffic street.

There are kids around here with both small ATVs and pocket bikes. You can tell immediately which ones receive proper supervision and guidance and which ones don't. Some of the ones that don't totally piss me off, but that's another story.

Every time the boys go with me to one of the shops and see a pocket bike, it's always, "Dad, dad, dad..." But, my wife would totally freak if I bought them one. Maybe when they are little older. :( Yeah, I'm jealous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
hapmstr said:
As long as he's supervised, I think it would be only marginally more dangerous than him riding a bicycle on the street. Especially if it's a dead end or very low traffic street.
It is a dead end, and he never rides unless I'm watching.

hapmstr said:
Every time the boys go with me to one of the shops and see a pocket bike, it's always, "Dad, dad, dad..." But, my wife would totally freak if I bought them one. Maybe when they are little older. :( Yeah, I'm jealous.
I feel ya. I just bought it and then asked for forgiveness. :twofinger

By the way...how old are your boys?

Derek in the photo will be 7 soon and Zack just turned two.

From KY? My wife is from Jackson County Ohio, real close to the border.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
bhartwig32 said:
I feel ya. I just bought it and then asked for forgiveness. :twofinger

By the way...how old are your boys?
I've thought about that. I have a feeling I'd be sleeping in the garage with the bikes for quite a while. :D

The boys are 6 and 8. It's the younger one, Jordan, that is more into it. David thinks it's cool, but he's not nearly the daredevil that Jordan is. Reminds me of my brother and me; he was always the more daring one. But we both ride, so I guess there's hope. :p

If my boys want to ride, I think that's awesome, and if they don't that's cool, too. My wife is the motorcycle = death type, and while she's gotten a little better, my uncle having a serious accident on his Goldwing a few years ago didn't help.

From KY? My wife is from Jackson County Ohio, real close to the border.
I'm just south of Louisville.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top