Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, while I was out riding and after I got my ticket, I was cruising down the hwy and I see this Smokin Joe's 600 coming up from the frontage road and onto the hwy. I glanced into the mirror because something looked odd about him. At first, I thought the rider was standing up, no big thing it's an easy way to air dry the pants in the 90+ heat, but as he gets closer to me I see that he is sitting on the gas tank with his feet up over the fairing and in front of the bike, for close to 1/2 mile, until he gets to his exit. He's doing this at 85 mph. Now, I just got finished with Officer Sparse for doing 20 mph over the speed limit and here's this Squid doing stunts down the Hwy 10. Life is not fair :confused:

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Around here there's a guy who rides a ratty old Honda Rebel 450. He obviously has a throttle lock or something and he likes to lie back on the seat like it was a Lazy Boy and prop his feet up on the tank with his hands folded behind his head.

I was on an organized ride once and saw him doing this for a couple of miles, just steering with his body. Needless to say, I made sure I was pretty far away from him. Even crazier, I saw him doing it by himself in traffic one day, just tooling down the highway. If any of you have ever experienced San Juan, Puerto Rico traffic, you'll understand just how nuts that is.

------------------

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just consider it as a form of Darwinism...evolution in action. It is doubtful he will be with us very long.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
Moderator, ZR-Riders Mailing List

1 - 4 of 4 Posts