Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i recently purchased my first sportbike, CBR600 and I want a few tips on how to properly ride at higher speeds for when i gain experience. I see people riding in a full tuck at 70-80mph and i feel that it is not needed unless track riding. am i correct? also can you show me pictures or videos of how to proplery "tuck" because i ride how i feel is right. any input on body positioning and corning is also appreciated. Also i have been riding a duelsport on the road on and off for about a year and a dirtbike for 15 years so riding is not completely new and i feel comfortable with my vision and scanning for cars backing out ext....
Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Whatever your comfortable with. At higher speeds (80+) you will feel the wind hit you and bobble your head a bit. On my 98 600 F-3 I put on a double bubble wind sheild so I could be in a more neutral position while commuting on the freeway. On my 1000rr, I change positions depending on the road/traffic. Going fast or rain/high wind I will scoot my butt back on the seat and bring my elbows in. Heavy I-5 traffic- my head is up, constantly scanning.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Well, a supersport isn't a beginner's bike. Now that that point is out there I'll move on.

A tuck is used to reduce wind resistance, obviously. I use it on long trips to work, which can get exhausting on the straights and helps avoid the blow when passing a semi. If you're a poser (aka are out riding to look cool), don't do it; its often considered moronic; I'm old enough to not give a crap what others think. Proper form is taught at all the quality track organizations (any run by former AMA racers or Moto-GP'ers). There's not much to it. Push your rear back and get down on the tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts