Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to to board and haven't even gotten my license yet. But just looking into everything first. My main ? was about the cost of insurance. I have never rode a bike in my life but have been driving for about 5 yrs. No tickets/accidents or n e thing. So what is the average cost. I read one thread were it was about 1200 for full and like 400 a year for liability only. Plus i live in nj so it'll definatly be higher.

I am also planning on getting a used bike, like a ninja or katana.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
610 Posts
im 21 and i pay around 700 for lability, over 2k if i would go for full coverage on my 600rr..

thats with progressive..

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Across all the different circumstances, ages, etc. ...

No matter how you slice it, it ain't gonna be cheap.:2cents:

The insurance companies (or, 'axis of evil', if you will) have figured out that sportbike riders are a group that's prime for the raping. And they won't pass up a chance to make money.

Comes with the territory.:2cents:

·
Registered
4 Posts
well my quote from progressive was just under $55 a month for comprehensive. I'm 18, clean record and decent credit (what little I have). Credit plays a large role in your insurance rates.

From a different point of view, motorcylce insurance is very cheap coming from ~$200 a month for my mustang GT:crying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts