Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the deal: My wife and I are just getting back into riding after about 25 or maybe 30 years (raised a family). She bought herself a Ninja 500 and I got a ZR7. We wanted to get back into it slowly, ya know, without mangling or killing ourselves. Bikes sure have gotten nice since waaaay back when. I know the ZR7 isn't a sports bike but I've rejetted the carbs and added a Holeshot slipon which helps. My question is what can I do about the front end? It seems soft and not as firm as I'd like. No, there are no adjustments for the front, just for the rear shock. Any suggestions that don't require major surgery or large dollar investments would be appreciated. Got any? thanks
Keats

S

·
0 Posts
Keats said:
OK, here's the deal: My wife and I are just getting back into riding after about 25 or maybe 30 years (raised a family). She bought herself a Ninja 500 and I got a ZR7. We wanted to get back into it slowly, ya know, without mangling or killing ourselves. Bikes sure have gotten nice since waaaay back when. I know the ZR7 isn't a sports bike but I've rejetted the carbs and added a Holeshot slipon which helps. My question is what can I do about the front end? It seems soft and not as firm as I'd like. No, there are no adjustments for the front, just for the rear shock. Any suggestions that don't require major surgery or large dollar investments would be appreciated. Got any? thanks
Keats

If you only want to stiffen the shocks up a bit try a heavier fork oil. Not enough put in progressive springs ... That would be the cheapest way to go.

S

·
0 Posts
Sportbikeworld said:
Keats,

I agree with Squid, try the heavier fork oil.

P.S. The ZR7 is a sportbike in my book. :)
Ya I agree with Sportbikeworld, Any Kawasaki is a sportbike :D ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Squidwannabe said:
"...Ya I agree with Sportbikeworld, Any Kawasaki is a sportbike :D ;) "
Any Kawasaki except one ridden by Adam..those ones are DOT/NHTSA test vehicles.

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts