·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coming down sideways ussually leads to a tankslapper, which didnt happen here. I'm thinking he might have grabbed a handfull of front brake while in the air.. but thats a pretty squidly mistake..

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Those aren't white sneakers on his feet...those are his damn socks! All gear, all the time. Full leathers, boots, gloves, full-face helmet, no exceptions.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
170 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

Those aren't white sneakers on his feet...those are his damn socks! All gear, all the time. Full leathers, boots, gloves, full-face helmet, no exceptions.

~ Blue Jays ~
I second that in a big way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
:squid:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
he didn't clip the curve until after he already lost control of the bike. It seems to me he hits the rev limiter and brings it down too hard. Then he slides his rear tire so I'm thinking he got scared and locked his rear tire after noticing he was becoming very close to the curb. n00b

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, I'll second that. He locked the rear tire.... its beyound me why anyone would do that...

Dan6615: That a whole lot like saying "He crashed cause he was riding a motorcycle"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

~ Blue Jays ~
His boots or shoes or w/e he was wearing actually fell off, right after he falls u can see them flying away

·
Registered
675 Posts
Could he have used the rear break to lower the front wheel and didn't get off the rear break so when the front slammed down it took weight off the rear tire causing it to lock up?

It's obvious it was the rear locking up why? Anyones guess?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi purdue1719-

That is precisely my point. Regular sneakers or shoes won't stay on one's feet in an accident and one will be reduced to skidding down the street in his or her stinky socks. Boots are the only way to go.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
675 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi purdue1719-

That is precisely my point. Regular sneakers or shoes won't stay on one's feet in an accident and one will be reduced to skidding down the street in his or her stinky socks. Boots are the only way to go.

~ Blue Jays ~
If you slip them on the pavement will slip them off.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi mainerdr-

I don't understand the meaning of your post.

Sneakers and typical shoes are NOT suitable for riding. Motorcycle-specific boots will stay in place in the event of an accident due to the tighter fit and more sophisticated laces, velcro, and buckles that secure boots to the foot.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
675 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi mainerdr-

I don't understand the meaning of your post.

Sneakers and typical shoes are NOT suitable for riding. Motorcycle-specific boots will generally stay in place in the event of an accident.

~ Blue Jays ~
I agree with you blue... my meaning was if you slip anything on your feet, the pavement will take them off.... any sneekers shoes even some boots that people just slide on their feet wether they are tied or not will come off in the event of a unforseen ejection.

I am trying to make a point for people to think about gearing up before the ride. Anything you slide, slip or stuff on and go with out fastening correctly will fly off in a wreck. This includes helmets gloves boots even jackets that are unzipped. I saw a friend go off the road at about 35mph in the sand and tumble... he had a $500+ arai helmet on... but it was not fastened tightly under his chin, just hooked loosely "for his comfort" it was the first thing to come off!

being lazy with your gear is a bad habbit to get into...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi mainerdr-

Now I see how the sentence was meant to be read! You're absolutely correct in that...if you can slide 'em on, the rough pavement can slide 'em off for you!

~ Blue Jays ~

1 - 19 of 19 Posts