Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been spending a little time in the stunters forums. My stuntlife account is messed up though I cant post I have like to permissions... any insight?

Anyway I've been reading and trying to get my bike up. At first I started just dumping the clutch but I had to go to like 10k to get it to hop at all and it was a little violent for my style.

So anyways I havent been getting anything out of slipping but I figured out I wasn't going from accelerating to slipping fast enough. The tutorial was like you probably wont get it up on the first try blah blah blah.

I tried it with the new insight and nearly shit myslef. The bike stood up so high the tank hit me in the stomach and I couldnt see the road in front of me anymore. wow what a rush.

I thought it was just my old bike 93 zx6 e1. not r1 just slow ass e1.

Before I get to much more into this what kind of bike protection should I look at. I dont even have frame sliders but I'm not sure how much they would help. As for cages do they do anything to protect the plastics or just the engine? I dont have a lot of money to be putting into it if I crash.

Oh an is it legal to stunt in private parking lots or do you have to have the owners permission or something like that. want to aviod the fuzz at all costs

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dick, but here is the deal.

This isn't the forum to talk about stuff like that. Unless your talking about your dirtbike. (where it is somewhat legal)

And if someone on here gives you suggestions, then you go out and jack your self up and get hurt. The person that said something might actually feel bad.

Know what I mean?

Or you could go out to Royal Oak and talk to those A$$hats that Fox 2 News interviewed.

I'm sure they would be more than willing to help you out!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hellsnat said:
I'm not trying to be a dick

It seems to me that you did a pretty good job of that. FYI a lot of redline members do wheelies so don't single me out because I was looking for advice.

Oh and legally that's why I am here to find out where it is legal and how to make it safer for the bike.

I am perfectly experienced with crashing and getting hurt. I got highsided off my bike and thrown 8ft down a ditch. Did I sue the construction company because their was gravel on the road... NO!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Wanna learn how to wheelie and not spend alot of money, or time in the hospital??? Buy my CRF50.. $1000 and alot less to lose...:2cents:

Helsnat.....:thumb:

·
Registered
963 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
It seems to me that you did a pretty good job of that. FYI a lot of redline members do wheelies so don't single me out because I was looking for advice.

Oh and legally that's why I am here to find out where it is legal and how to make it safer for the bike.

I am perfectly experienced with crashing and getting hurt. I got highsided off my bike and thrown 8ft down a ditch. Did I sue the construction company because their was gravel on the road... NO!
Wheelies are only legal on your own private property or private property owned by someone else with written permission (i.e. signed off waiver).

Buuuttt.. It seems like your pretty new to this whole sportbike thing, and given you have already crashed (whether there was gravel on the road or not) you should get a couple years under the belt before you risk wadding ass trying to learn wheelies.. Start small.....then go big.. not big, then go splat....

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
FYI a lot of redline members do wheelies so don't single me out because I was looking for advice.

His point is that there are certain things that should not be "Published" on a "messageboard" like "advice" on how best to "perform illegal activities". Not only do you not seem to get it, but you then decide to try and make even more friends by implicating the entire group. :rolleyes:

Here's the bottom line, if you can't do a wheelie it's cause it's not time for you to do one :thumb:

Thanks

Non-wheelying member of redline :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
FurryChoCha said:

It seems like your pretty new to this whole sportbike thing, and given you have already crashed (whether there was gravel on the road or not) you should get a couple years under the belt before you risk wadding ass trying to learn wheelies.. Start small.....then go big.. not big, then go splat....

As stated above, learn to ride your bike first. The wheelies will come in time and with experience. I've got 20 years on the road and still cant ride for shit with two wheels on the ground let alone one. Start with a dirt bike, a lot easier to learn on and a lot cheaper to repair. :2cents:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xboxdynasty said:

Since it doesn't seem like anyone read it the first time.

J

·
0 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
We read it....
Bike was not designed for woolie's.... (dont tell that to eric)
It is not legal... Unless, on your own property or on a property in which you have full written promission...

So, who's the ass hat now?
Besides Matt of course....

As Judge would say "dirt is for potatoes", BUT, hey, I'm irish, so I LOVE potatoes....
I see a mighty fine case of road rash in your future....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jackdrinker said:

I see a mighty fine case of road rash in your future....
I am sure to always wear my gear...

I think xbdx said "Sweat wipes off road rash doesn't."

I'm not sure about all the potato stuff:confused:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
FurryChoCha said:
Wheelies are only legal on your own private property or private property owned by someone else with written permission (i.e. signed off waiver).
:confused:

·
Registered
445 Posts
xboxdynasty said:

Well, here we fukking go again! You crashed NOT because there was gravel in the road, but because you didn't know what to do when you hit the gravel. Sue the construction company? WTF? There is gravel and dirt all over roads all over the place. You have limited skill and experience on a street bike, and you're asking about stunts. No one here was trying to be a dick, seems they were looking out for your best interest. I can't for the life of me figure out why... you squids are all the same. I could give a fuk less if you wind up a stain on the road, but don't treat these guys like azz holes because they are responding to a dumb fukking question. How many times are you going to have to CRASH DUE TO RIDER ERROR before you figure this shit out? :confused:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JesterRR said:
Well, here we fukking go again! You crashed NOT because there was gravel in the road, but because you didn't know what to do when you hit the gravel. Sue the construction company? WTF? There is gravel and dirt all over roads all over the place. You have limited skill and experience on a street bike, and you're asking about stunts. No one here was trying to be a dick, seems they were looking out for your best interest. I can't for the life of me figure out why... you squids are all the same. I could give a fuk less if you wind up a stain on the road, but don't treat these guys like azz holes because they are responding to a dumb fukking question. How many times are you going to have to CRASH DUE TO RIDER ERROR before you figure this shit out? :confused:
I'm just glad ur not a member otherwise I would quit riding with them. I know it was rider error, no fuck!ng $hit. I was using that as an example. Just because I popped one wheelie doesn't mean I'm going full on into stunting. I have a lot of experince on bikes this is just my first street bike. So I dont see where you get squid from. Dont talk to me like some newb who is out to kill himself cause i'm not. I am perfectly aware that bikes are a lot safer on two wheels than one.

:twofinger :finger: :D

J

·
0 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
I'm just glad ur not a member otherwise I would quit riding with them. I know it was rider error, no fuck!ng $hit. I was using that as an example. Just because I popped one wheelie doesn't mean I'm going full on into stunting. I have a lot of experince on bikes this is just my first street bike. So I dont see where you get squid from. Dont talk to me like some newb who is out to kill himself cause i'm not. I am perfectly aware that bikes are a lot safer on two wheels than one.

:twofinger :finger: :D
HAHAHAH,
That my friend is a can o' worms you do not want to open...
Hmm, by the looks of it.. you are quite the squidly NEWB...

:finger: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :finger: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just so you have some background, I started riding sportbikes when you were 7 years of age. I have crashed 3 times all my fault once was in wetgrass and I was being a dumb ass during my first year riding. The second was in 98 with a flat front tire, I checked the air pressure before leaving the house. The 3rd was about 2 weeks ago on in the grattan bus stop. (every time I was wearing full leathers and yes I always do)

Now to your question YES a 600 ninja can wheelie, as can a 250 ninja and a xr50. Is it legal? Most of the time NO.

Ok now that your questions are answered I will tell you why everyone is giving you a hard time. Normally a few weeks after a post like this the person that asked it will put a post like....."Hey just got home from the hospital, and I'm never riding again, bikes are dangerous" then they go on to tell us that even though they were in a wheelie when they fell it was something in the road or some dumb lady or some how the bikes fault that they fell.

Now I know you said stuff like "how can I do it with out breaking the law" but the truth is once you learn you will do it on the street and you will get tickets for it and you will make the rest of us look like ass hats even though you don't mean too.

If you truely enjoy wheelies get a dirtbike or a quad it will save your life.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
jackdrinker said:
We read it....
Bike was not designed for woolie's.... (dont tell that to eric)
It is not legal... Unless, on your own property or on a property in which you have full written promission...
Old bikes ROCK!!!!:twofinger

I'm also a Stuntlife Super-Mod, so Pm me under "Erik" or let me know what your user name is, maybe I can help find the problem with your account. And oh yeah, if you really want it to wheelie, bring it down, I'll try it out:squid:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CruiserErik said:
Old bikes ROCK!!!!:twofinger

I'm also a Stuntlife Super-Mod, so Pm me under "Erik" or let me know what your user name is, maybe I can help find the problem with your account. And oh yeah, if you really want it to wheelie, bring it down, I'll try it out:squid:
I know it can wheelie, thanks for the offer. Like I said I brought it up high for the first time a few days ago. Thats what started this whole thing. In hindsight I wish I had never posted it here but in the stunt forums. Obviously no one is real perceptive to the whole idea. That made me respond like an ass and I'm sorry for that.

Oh and the whole crashing thing I didnt get scared of motorcycles the first time what makes you think I'll learn if it happens again. Besides my worst crash was on my mountainbike at school (they have some sweet trails) went over the handlebars and tore my rotator cuff. But I still ride it!

PS is there a locale stunt group in the area?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts