Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I sold my new Hayabusa, pheraps a bit too much to start it was.
I didnt drop it or anything, just not what I need.

For instance, couple saturdays ago we had 45degrees and sunny, i took it out. This is really my first time to ride it since it came back from its first service and hence "broken in"...Anywho, I hopped on I-75, and then took it out on 96 a ways onto that streach where its that nice blacktop and gunned it. Well to make a long story boring I was ripping along and thought I was going maybe about 100 MPH, I glance down and the speedo says its about 150. I back off the throttle, silly me. Anyways I do like the bike, and pheraps we will re-marry some time in the future.

I'm more of crusier by nature, My SuperGlide gets delviered mid-february, and thats more my style. however, most of my friends that ride, check that, all of them have sportbikes. So i need something like a second bike to keep up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
well, its good to hear you didnt get hurt on that thing!

so what 2nd bike are you thinkin about gettin?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Self-examination and recognition of preferences is definitely a required quality in mature people. Glad you know yourself before an EMT tells you.

And a ride's a ride, in my book.

Thanks very much for the update!

:cool:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Pleased you noted your error in the bike & sold it before you ended up damaging yourself & the bike. Not all riders are at home on sportbikes as some of us are & have been so in the days of cafe racers prior to the income of sportbikes.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I like this story. Superglide is not a bad choice for cruiser, at least if you did not pay the usual dealer markup for it.

Everyone should read this story.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
JeffNights said:
...most of my friends that ride, check that, all of them have sportbikes. So i need something like a second bike to keep up.
Skill, that only comes with experience, will help you keep up.

The bike is only a small percentage of the speed factor. The rest lies in the rider's ability. Take the time to learn to ride before you try to keep up. Better to be slower for a little while than dead for a long while. :thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fuster said:
I like this story. Superglide is not a bad choice for cruiser, at least if you did not pay the usual dealer markup for it.

Everyone should read this story.

The MSRP on the Superglide is about 12,195..and i paid about 11,000 for it, I haggled with the saleslady, then spoke to the sales manager about it being my first "Harley", and it being a family tradition..he broke and made the deal.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i remember riding a cruiser once didnt like it just couldnt get use to foward controls, sounds like you are more at home on 1 then iam glad to see you sell the busa before you got hurt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts