Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had my first spill the other day!! about three weeks ago I bought my first bike a rigorously used Honda CBR 600. for the last few weeks i've been learning how to handle my bike and taking my time on it so the learning curve has been going excellently smooth!

Back to the fall! as i was coming off the freeway, i had to make 4 lane changes to the far right to get off at the next intersection (keep in mind their was a red light cars were far back in line and i had to get over to the farthest lane from me) I made it to the farthest lane going at a steady slow pace and straigthened out perfectly. My only problem was my lane position, i was to close to the other cars, thats when i noticed up ahead a Brown Station Wagon threw their car door open the entire way! I swerved hard, and wasn't prepared for the obstacle infront of me, it was a sewer grate, next thing i know i lost control, laid the bike down and was dragged for 7 feet, when i was finally let go all i could think was "SHIT MY BIKE!" then i heard the station wagon tear off down the road, leaving me bruised and dissoriented... I hate cars!

·
Registered
338 Posts
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and just so you know all bikers hate 4-wheelers. As for the fall, learn the lesson taught, pick up the bike, and get back on.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
"It's a simple question of
weight ratios! A 5 ounce
bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut!"

hope your bike is ok

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
just so you know all bikers hate 4-wheelers.
:huh: I didn't get that memo. I am an avid car enthusiast. I have 3 cars, and I love them all. I go to car shows, drag races... I LOVE Rally racing. I am into car audio. I'm not the only one around here, either. I know there is at least one person on this forum that actually races in Rally events... I believe it's a Redline member. I respect other car enthusiasts, even when I am on my bike. It is mutual... they are always staring at my bike while I am checking out their car.

Anyway.. I'm done. I just felt it needed to be said.

·
Registered
338 Posts
:huh: I didn't get that memo. I am an avid car enthusiast. I have 3 cars, and I love them all. I go to car shows, drag races... I LOVE Rally racing. I am into car audio. I'm not the only one around here, either. I know there is at least one person on this forum that actually races in Rally events... I believe it's a Redline member. I respect other car enthusiasts, even when I am on my bike. It is mutual... they are always staring at my bike while I am checking out their car.

Anyway.. I'm done. I just felt it needed to be said.
And all women are cool with mice until they show up where they aren't wanted. I enjoy my cars/trucks as well but when I ride I would rather there be no 4-wheelers on the road with me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts