Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am at the Boat Show, thanks to some extra tickets from Motoboy, and I find myself talking to one of the senior salesmen at Sea Ray.

We are talking boats and this and that and he mentions that he was down in Sourthern FL a few wks ago and saw that the price for premium fuel at the local marina was $4.75 a gallon. (edited to correct the price)

I was not amused!
He commented that the price at the local gas station was mostly the same as up here, $2.999 to $3.099. But not in the marina.

However, the Playboy Girl of the Month was very lovely and helped to take the sting out of the high cost of gas! A beautiful blonde who would look fantastic draped over someone's boat!

No pics. Booo.

·
Registered
732 Posts
So I am at the Boat Show, thanks to some extra tickets from Motoboy, and I find myself talking to one of the senior salesmen at Sea Ray.

However, the Playboy Girl of the Month was very lovely and helped to take the sting out of the high cost of gas! A beautiful blonde who would look fantastic draped over someone's boat!

No pics. Booo.

Glad those tics worked out......

The SeaRays were from Colony Marine right?
What did you think of the Formula's??

Marina gas is always higher priced.....

mb.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that was at Colony Marine. I liked the Sea Rays better when they were made up here, but the Sundancer series was always interesting to me. The bigger Sundancers (55' and so on) are very nice.

I have always liked the Fastechs from Formula as well, I simply like the Fountains better. The Fastechs always seemed somewhat heavier and slower than the Fountains, but very sound construction and the build quality was always first rate.

I know that marina gas has always been more costly, I just do not think it should be averaging $1.75 a gallon more!
To put 300 gallons into a go fast boat (good for an average of only 300 miles) costs $1425. That can make boating rather prohibitive for most people.

I am not too sure there is any good reason (other than being a greedy SOB) for the price of marina fuel to be that expensive.

Some of us can trailer our toys to an inland gas station and save some cash.
Rich guys in big boats like Anthony, have to suck it up and pay the big bucks for a fill! Ugly!!!!!!

Still, the boat show was a nice way to spend the afternoon!

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Colony Marine is where I bought my Formula when I had it.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts