Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Did you recieved this letter from SMSA??
The SMSA is conducting a sort of safety riding course in PG.
Anyone knows who are the instructors and Are you guys joing???

The course cover:
1. Advanced/Defensive riding
2. Correct riding posture and hand placement
3. correct braking technique
4. Gear shifting and gear selection technique
5. cornering lines and lean angle
6. steering technique
7. throttle management
8. skid control
9. bike set-up(eg.supension, chasiss, tyre pressures and gear ratio.

At the cost of $250 include 1 year free membership.

Feel like joining it but would like to find out who are the instructor 1st.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Be carefull

You would probably be the most experianced person there and end out doing the instruction your self:D

I think the course is aimed at road riders who have progresses to bigger bikes but have little experiance. Its actually a good idea but as usual the SMSA havnt thought it through. You would think they would ask for support from a large sportbike club who have organised tuition events before:twofinger

I hope Peter Tan will be involved as he is the most experiance guy in the SMSA, could also be Fabian. I noticed the SMSA's definition of proper riding gear is jeans:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
December 14th & 15th

Ill be at Sepang for the last round of the MSS, how about joining us ? You are still on a novice licence ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have this restricted licence. not sure is it the same as the novice licence you are talking about??

But my international licence has expired. Can I still join the race.
And do I have to get the insurance from SMSA??

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Insurance

That ugly word again.

Im holding an AAM novice licence and it includes insurance.
To enter any FIM race you must have insurance.
If you renew your SMSA licence and take the years insurance now you would be covered for the whole of next season and the end of this one. You could compete in both MSS and JS as I intend to do. Check with the SMSA and Sepang about this first, hope to see you on the grid:thumb:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What detail do you need??

If for the Riding clinic, you can call SMSA to check it out.:)

As for what Tug is talking we will have to wait for Tug to check then inform us again. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
anyone got any glasses?

This is so unclear.

I get one message saying I can compete in the last race if I get an SMSA licence, another saying I can't unless I get a malaysian licence.

Can anyone tell me what the feck is going on?

I am getting very fekkin fed up of all this

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Confirm join

I m very interested in what Tug suggested.
But till now we still don't know if SMSA allow us to take part in the MSS?? If they don't, I will join the AAM licence. :confused: :confused: :confused:

How can we get the AAM licence?? only from Malaysia or we can also get it in Singapore and how much do we have to pay??:confused:

Chumley, it is now confirm that a SMSA member cannot join this coming MSS. So why not we go over to get the AAM licence next year so that we can do both Johore race and the MSS.

·
Registered
642 Posts
TUGS GOT HIS WIRES CROSSED

Seems to be a bit of confusion on this, so let me confirm that the last race of the MSS is NOT open to SMSA license holders.

We are looking to make sure that Sepang and SBR design a series that is open to everyone for 2003. In so doing, we hope that it draws support from a wider audience than initially was the case this year .... recall it was only once the Moto GP support race was confirmed that suddenly everyone came forward wanting to race.

We literally had to chain gang the members to put the first grid together despite mailing the full mailing list.

Will look into the whole licensing thing a bit later on ... maybe we should arrange a meeting one night Fude. How many guys yr side to come along ?

Look forward to having you on the Grid in 2003.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same here

my fellow friends still have not confirm with me yet. But I m sure that I will be in next year.:drool:

So can you please keep us in touch once things is confirm.
Thank you BLUE CAT(the real one).
I heard that you had sold you susuki and change to the YAMAHA right?? Have you??

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yeh seven ...

he tried the 'dark side' for a while bro, but in the end her saw the light and has come back to the fold ...

i.e .... the suzuki sucked and he is back on a yamaha ..

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please dun say that. He is back because YAMAHA is indeed a good bike. After he had tried the SUSUKI, he still think he suit the YAMAHA team better.

Anyway, I voted you to stay too.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts