• No.

Votes: 109 69.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A female friend made the obtuse point that it seems like everyone i ride with smokes like a chimney. I was just curious how many regular smokers we have out there riding? This might seem unrelated to riding, but i was just curious if there was a corolation between the two.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am referring to cigarettes/cigars if there was any doubt. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'll be 19 in 2 weeks.

Ive NEVER tried smoking and ive NEVER tried drinking. There are no goods about either of them.. so there was never a point in trying.

Believe me if you want, but i wouldnt lie about it :twofinger

·
Registered
231 Posts
~~~~~~~~~

See it all depends on the situation. I love to workout and all that good health jazz, but sometimes, like when I'm at the bar, I just wanna kick back and relax w/ a cigg. I guess it's all about moderation, bro...

that's my $ 0.02:rolleyes:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Used to dip copenhagen, but quit about two and a half years ago. Kind of a health nut; you know, vegetarian, tree-hugging coffee sipping Seattle boy.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
After New Years I managed to quit smoking for two months (after 10 years), but I broke dwon and I'm just about back into it full time. :rolleyes:

I don't find quiting that bad until I have a few drinks and then it becomes excruiating, but I'll be damned it I give up drinking.;)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Better than half the people I Ride with smoke...weird...you go to the local hangouts here and most everyone has one stuck in the mouth...now that you mention it it is kinda strange? Oh and I'm one of the smokers...have been for 10 or 12 years

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Never smoked or touched tobacco in any way, same with liquor & same with illegal drugs.
Mind you here in Cdn there is a better chance of staying away from smokers for many buildings & businesses have NO SMOKING signs.
Even at our gun club (which includes an indoor range for h/guns) there is NO SMOKING & while a few do, it is never at the range.
You can purchase your fags in the major grocery stores, but there are the NO SMOKING signs.
Basically anyone that does not smoke will tell you how their clothes reak of old fag smoke the next day after being out where people or a single person was smoking!!!!!!!!!!
Lastly my parents were HEAVY smokers & average drinkers. I know for we lived togeather till their deaths. Once both passed away & I repainted the inside of the house I noticed my continual small headaches (seeminly as long as I had been alive) went away. In NO SMOKING areas I was fine, but where others smoked I would end up with that small headache. NEVER realized I am one of many that suffer from what is now called SECOND HAND SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i quit last weekend. the hospital will do that to you. but honestly, i have no desire to start back up.

that's not to say i'll never smoke again, i quit 3 years and would only smoke once in a blue moon. so, i pick socially. a week isn't really long enough to be a quitter.

btw, it seems that a lot of people have quit in the circle of friends i have.

·
Registered
171 Posts
SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMOKING??????????

Other than an occasional tire or two here and there. Never smoked a day in my life, cigarettes or otherwise.

A little bleach makes the smoke build up quite well, just have to watch where the bleach slings off at. Oh, keep forgetting Cigarettes not tires. NOPE, don't smoke. Aww heck, you sure this doesn't count as smoking?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
BLAH!

Ew, ucky. I won't smoke and I won't kiss anyone who has been smoking. I wish Washington's bars would adopt the same rules about smoking that California did. Now I will smoke a good cigar on occassion, but I have to brush my teeth right after or I'll gag from the after taste. :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hey Headhunter- great pic to post of a bike you're trying to sell...

I never could make myself smoke cigarettes, I do smoke a cigar on rare occasion (Black & Milds are much better than any $5-$10 cigar I've tried). Now if you wanna talk drinking- I'm a professional.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts