Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - just joined the forums today, I'm a newbie but there is one frustrating thing standing between me and getting out to enjoy my new bike . . .

I can't find a jacket that fits for the life of me!! I'm 4'11 and I weigh 85 lbs, probably measure about 32B/23/33ish. Do any of you ladies know of a place where I can either get a really small jacket, or possibly where I can have a standard-sized on altered?

Thanks in advance and look forward to getting to know the forum! :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
You're pretty tiny, so you're going to have a pretty hard time finding something to fit regardless. I'd try to search for women's motorcycle accessories and try ordering the smallest size you can find. I have the opposite problem (I'm 5'10" without shoes) so I can't really help beyond that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been shopping too, though looking for used stuff (don't have $1000+ today to drop on gear!). Best I can tell, the main folks who make women's performance leathers are vanson, alpinstars, spidi, dainese, and joe rocket... there may be others, but these are what I've found. If you're willing to fork out the cash for a new set, I think some of those folks will make them custom for you. Let me know if you come across a size 4 suit under $500! Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
check out barnacle bill's shop @ racingleathers.com - I haven't gotten a price for mine yet, but I hear he is reasonable and does great work.... and lots of the pictures are ladies looking happy with their new suits! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good luck i had a hard time with my sizes too. It really did put a damper on the whole thing, you can't just walk in and wear....oh and don't even think anywhere near me has anything for girls but in pink:barf: UGH

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had a time getting a leather suit! I've finally gotten an Alpinestars Stella Octane and with some mods, it should work. However - know that their sizing chart is just plain wrong! Order two sizes bigger than the chart says you need. I should wear a 38 based on my measurements, but have a 42 that is still too small in the bust. Alpinestars seems to be cut for ladies that are built more like a guy. I guess they subscribe to the "ladies just means smaller" philosophy... Anyway, I'm stuck with it due to an Ebay nightmare, so my other learning is to buy such things from a dealer. Even if it costs a little more, they can usually exchange it for you w/ no shipping costs, and you just have more leeway in general. Good luck to all those lady shoppers - one day they will realize that we spend money too and begin to cater to us! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts