Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I'm wondering if you guys can give me any suggestions on what bike you recommend for short guys like me. I'm around 5'4 and I tried sitting on my friend's CBR600rr and my toes can barely touch the ground. Feels very uncomfortable.

Can anyone recommend me a good small sportbike, around 500-600cc and forgiving as my old 250? Also, lowering and seat shaving is not a option. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
As long as you can get one foot down that is all you need. Take a look at the 500cc vertical twins by Kawasaki & Suzuki. Ideal bikes for someone new to riding or anyone wanting something no larger then 500cc.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
From what I understand, most of the new 06 600 sportbikes will shorter....If you have problems touching down, you have the option of having the seat "Shaved" that'll give the bike a shorter hight...

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Hammer 4 said:
From what I understand, most of the new 06 600 sportbikes will shorter....

How did I miss that??? :drool: Maybe the next one won't have to be lowered quite so much, if at all!

STiLL: why are both seat shaving and/or lowering not an option?

I am only 5'1" and I had my '00 F4 lowered 1 3/4" and it gave me enough to be solid on the balls of my feet. You're 3" taller than I am and I would assume you could have a solid plant as well; lowering a bike 1-2" would probably get you flat-footed.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
spicerke said:
How did I miss that??? :drool: Maybe the next one won't have to be lowered quite so much, if at all!

STiLL: why are both seat shaving and/or lowering not an option?

I am only 5'1" and I had my '00 F4 lowered 1 3/4" and it gave me enough to be solid on the balls of my feet. You're 3" taller than I am and I would assume you could have a solid plant as well; lowering a bike 1-2" would probably get you flat-footed.

Who said lowering wasn't an option..? If I said anything about lowering, it would have been ....I'd prefer not to lower a bike cuzz it affects the handleing in a negitive way, i.e. turning..So, if you happen to live in FL for instance, no problem...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts