Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who have never been there and wonder what all the hype about Deal's Gap is, RRDON had a camera on his bike and got some good footage, about 10 minutes worth, of riding through the Gap at this years Smackdown. He has it up on his website and has a link to it on any of his posts. Tristan was riding Don's 900RR and I was in front of him on a '90 CBR-1000. He was hugging my ass the whole way... and loving it!!!!:D

There is a link below. He notes that the Windows player has terrible quality but that plays best on my machine.

Deal's Gap

·
Registered
380 Posts
damn that looks like fun! Just out of curiousity, what were your speeds like? I think I've heard you never get out of second-third gear on those turns.

also, I downloaded the RM file (Realplayer) which wasn't bad- had a few jumps, but overall not bad.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Robert said:
Tell Tristan to take the damn bike out of 2nd gear! ;)
. :)
Had I shifted into 3rd I would have run up Dad's ass! John may like that, but Dad don't play for that team!

Inanima- I was riding Don's (unfamiliar to me) bike, so my speeds were a little slow, but most of the corners are 40-50 mph and the few short straights you can hit 80-90. 2nd and 3rd gear are all you need.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks like yall had a good time. I cain't wait to get out there myself. Its a goal of mine to get out to the dragon next summer.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SquirrelMaster said:
Dude, it looks like you were popping wheelies alot, did Don have a problem with that??
I'll bet no more than Paul had a problem with the "stoppies" in his truck!;) :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Great video guy's, I only wish we had roads like that over hear in the wet and windy UK:crying: :crying:

·
Registered
255 Posts
RRDon, is that bike really the wheelie machine it appears to be in the video?

What is the riding like out Cinnci way? I may be moving there in the New Year.

How far is it to Deals Gap from Cinnci?

·
Registered
938 Posts
elcidbob said:
RRDon, is that bike really the wheelie machine it appears to be in the video?
With the right road and someone else on it, it is. :D

What is the riding like out Cinnci way? I may be moving there in the New Year.

How far is it to Deals Gap from Cinnci?
Cincinnati itself is pretty flat and boring, but just across the river in Kentucky there are some decent roads. It's 325 miles to the Gap from here.

If you have any questions about where to live in or around the city or whatever, send me an email [email protected].

PS... There is a spelling test before you are granted residency in the city and Cinnci isn't going to cut it. ;):D

·
Registered
255 Posts
PS... There is a spelling test before you are granted residency in the city and Cinnci isn't going to cut it. ;):D [/B]
Duh. I am an IDIOT! I ride better then I spell though so it is all good.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RRDon said:

PS... There is a spelling test before you are granted residency in the city and Cinnci isn't going to cut it. ;):D
That would be "Cincy" right?:rolleyes: :D

Just trying to help.:)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Spell it however you would like, we'll get over it. :D:D

Nothing can be as bad as the anit-litter slogan the city was using.

"Don't Trash the 'Nati":hurl: :barf:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts