Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok we have the time and place set and everything is in motion. Smackdown will take place this year from Sept. 14 through the 18th in Franklin NC. For those of you who want to join us we will be staying at the Days Inn at 828-524-6491 which you will need to book under SBW for the special rate of $55 a night. You will have to make your own reservation's and put down a credit card # which can be canceled up to 72 hours before arrival if need be. These rooms are going fast so anyone who is interested in coming needs to make the reservations soon! Come for the full time or for part of the time just make your reservations soon! Anyone who signs up need to let us know at [email protected] so that we can add you to the mailing list and also if you want to share a room with someone then we can post it there and try to find you a room mate.

For those of you who do not know where Franklin NC is it is in some of the best riding area of the country. In any direction that you head you will be heading to some of the best twisties around. The Dragon is only about 45 minutes away www.tailofthedragon.com as is T.W.O www.twowheelsonly.com and the Blue Ridge Parkway www.nps.gov/blri/

We will be heading out everyday on group rides or you can head out by yourself or with just a few people. So come on and join the fun!

If anyone wants to see pictures from last year go to http://members3.clubphoto.com/amy247133/Smackdown_2000/

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'll be staying at the Biltmore Hotel in Asheville, NC. I think a couple of others will be staying there as well. Is this near the "Days Inn" in Franklin?

We could always meet you *poor people* somewhere for a ride.

If anybody else is interested in staying at the Biltmore, let me know, and I'll give you the information.

http://www.biltmorehotel.com/home.html

Be sure to check out the *Events* section for "Cigars under the stars." Adam will tell you stories of drinking a snifter of milk in "opulent luxury."

S

·
0 Posts
748 abuser said:
I'll be staying at the Biltmore Hotel in Asheville, NC. I think a couple of others will be staying there as well. Is this near the "Days Inn" in Franklin?

We could always meet you *poor people* somewhere for a ride.

If anybody else is interested in staying at the Biltmore, let me know, and I'll give you the information.

http://www.biltmorehotel.com/home.html

Be sure to check out the *Events* section for "Cigars under the stars." Adam will tell you stories of drinking a snifter of milk in "opulent luxury."
Yes , the "Cigars under the stars" event is quite the gala. However a snifter of Milk and Popeye cigarettes are just as luxurious.

Don't forget to tell them about the loofa body glow treatments.

·
Registered
212 Posts
slaintedan said:
Can anybody tell me how far Franklin is from Cary, NC???

I may have to participate in this ride!!!
Hmm. Depends on which Franklin it is.

One is in Macon county and would be 300 miles from you. The other is in Rowan county and is only 125 miles from you. I'd guess it's the Macon one.

It sounds fun, and I may go myself. I'll be trailering in though. ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Trailerss? Ve dont need no stiinkniing trailerss...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
lucifer said:
Trailerss? Ve dont need no stiinkniing trailerss...
You're more than welcome to trailer-up with me. I'll be able to take four bikes, plus all your gear. I'm leaving from North Atlanta on that Friday, and returning the following Wednesday. If any other "Southern" folks (or anybody), would like to trailer, let me know. However, there is one stipulation, no dicks allowed. I'm a dick, and one is enough. :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would normally take you up on that, but since I moved to Watkinsville its probably 100 miles to your place and its only 115 to Franklin. Plus I have been known to be a big dick sometimes. So were you serious about staying at the biltmore or will you be slummin with the rest of the proletariat at the days inn?:D

S

·
0 Posts
lucifer said:
I would normally take you up on that, but since I moved to Watkinsville its probably 100 miles to your place and its only 115 to Franklin. Plus I have been known to be a big dick sometimes. So were you serious about staying at the biltmore or will you be slummin with the rest of the proletariat at the days inn?:D

I'll be at the Days Inn. I'll be the guy by the pool sleeping on a one of those pool chairs. So if you guys can round up a few extra towels from you're rooms, It would keep me warm during the night.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sounds like fun. Are you riding down from montreal?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I'll be riding from Pittsburgh, staying at Day's Inn, Franklin. All good two laners through W.Va, Va, and N. Carolina. Will leave Wed. morning and arrive Thurs. evening, staying over in W.Va or Va. Will return one day by Interstate and some two lane, depending on time, the following Wed. The tires will probably be flakey by then and I won't care about "squaring" them. Anybody want to join in, let me know. I may adjust arrival and departure based on weather.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Squidwannabe said:

I'll be at the Days Inn. I'll be the guy by the pool sleeping on a one of those pool chairs. So if you guys can round up a few extra towels from you're rooms, It would keep me warm during the night.
With Paul around, I don't think you'll have to worry about towels or keeping warm...:eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts