Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys(and gals!!) Here's a good one for you: does any one make slip-ons for my 1992 Katana 600? It has the twin pipes on it and I like 'em but maybe a tweak more performance would be nice otherwise I'll keep what she came with 'cause I'm quite satisfied now,just doing some thinking,ya know??

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
for the price of two slip-ons you can buy a painted black header, full yosh. it'll save some tons and probably won't cost for that $50 over the slipons, if that much.

if you love slip-ons, yosh used to make them, i think supertrap did as well.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

[This message has been edited by cbrf2boy (edited July 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,for what its worth I found that Cobra makes slip-ons for the Katana 600.I think their model designation was the "F-1".One of the reasons I wanted to find slip-ons was I like the dual pipes look and this set-up provides good mid-range response!! :cool:

------------------

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The Cobra F1 is one of the few exhausts I would rank BELOW a stock system. Yosh is probably the best choice for your era Suzy. A 4-2-1 system will perform the best overall, but a 4-1 will do ok. If you like the twin pipes and just want more noise, try modifying (gutting)the stock cans first.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tristan: I agree Cobra is not top of the line.They rank right down there with Kerker,etc.If I was gonna go to a 4-2-1 it would probably be a Yosh or V&H. Not only would I rejet I'd go to a K&N filter too!!
But,I am gonna keep it stock for now,especially after car repairs &vacation$$!! Thanx!!
Jim

PS: I do not like LOUD pipes!! :D

------------------

[This message has been edited by katana600 (edited September 06, 2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts