Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wife said that every man could still use a good slip on ;), so...

I saw one down at a local dealership for a decent price (I think), $279 for a Yoshimura RS-3 ?. So I'm wondering about having to retune the motor or anything more basic than just bolting it on in place of the stock?

Thanks!

------------------

·
Registered
133 Posts
According to the Yosh web site, it's recommended that you at least shim the jet needles 0.5-1 mm and adjust the pilot mixture screws after installing the slip-on. I'm considering getting the RS-3, also.

------------------
--2000 VTR1000F Super Hawk

·
Registered
129 Posts
scotty i have the same bike heres what to do (yes i did it too) i bought the yoshi RS3 duplex Ti full exhaust and the power commander II (map 2) and threw a k & n filter in there. this will be a totally different bike mine is on the dyno machine at 131 hp and its tough to keep the front wheel down. BTW mines red/blk/slv whats yours??

------------------
They have the internet on computers now???

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
GCO tell me about those Powwer Commanders. How many diff. map configurations come with it? Can you customize it beyond the presets? Do they give you diff. maps depending on the exaust you have? Is it easy to go back to stock? Help give a guy a clue... :)

------------------
Clark

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GCO,
Yeah, it's the red/black/silver. I'm not sure that I'm going to dump as much $ as you did into it, mostly something fairly simple I could do myself and that improved the looks. Yeah, I know I'm lame.

------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
The RS-3 works great, I installed one on my 1200 Bandit. I had to be rejetted though, I shimmed the needles and installed larger main jets. With an extra hole added to the airbox, I picked up 20hp!

------------------

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
What was the final HP on the Bandit? The 2001 S model is on my current wish list. I'd prefer to keep the exhaust stock (quiet) but 20 HP for that cheap is hard to pass up!

------------------
'98 Superhawk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts