Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me if I would be able to put on an aftermarket exhaust myself? Putting it on shouldn't be a problem, but with the fuel injection, would I need to re-map anything? Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this, maybe even done their own with success. Thank you,
Dave

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, you could probably do it yourself. Won't the dealer install it for free?

About the re-map? No, you shouldn't need to, but this all depends on where your live, air quality, temps, altitude .......

P

·
0 Posts
foto, once you learn how to remove your fairings, installing a slip-on will be a piece of cake. Like Adam said, you probably won't need to remap the fuel injection, but it wouldn't hurt to do so.

·
Registered
482 Posts
gloves!

Make sure you wear gloves... and use some lubricant... WD40 would work...

I learned my lesson wrestling with the go-faster slip-on... blister not from heat but from trying really hard to jam the pipe in...

got me the Mechanics glove... WD40... slipped right in...

·
Registered
83 Posts
foto,
with a new pipe its not NECESSARY to re-map,
but you always should...
youre opening up that engine to breathe more...
with a carb system, you would simply adjust your air-fuel mixture screws, so i would think that you would need the equivalent done with EFI..

·
Registered
74 Posts
power commander 2

If you do decide to remap check out the power comander 2 from Dynojet. I was talking to my dealer about it when I bought my F4i...it is made specifically for fuel injection and can be calibrated using your home computer...pretty slick...not sure on a price though, check the Lockhart Philips page.

CBRrider

P

·
0 Posts
Re: power commander 2

CBRrider said:
If you do decide to remap check out the power comander 2 from Dynojet.
Just fyi, the Dynojet PC and the K&N PC are the exact same thing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
good call

Good call Pete I noticed that too. I wonder why K&N uses the Dynojet name. From my experience K&N has a pretty good name as far as quality so they wouldn't really need to call it Dynojet. Or is Dynojet a sort of specific product line for motorcycles?

CBRrider

P

·
0 Posts
Re: good call

CBRrider said:
Good call Pete I noticed that too. I wonder why K&N uses the Dynojet name. From my experience K&N has a pretty good name as far as quality so they wouldn't really need to call it Dynojet. Or is Dynojet a sort of specific product line for motorcycles?

CBRrider
I don't think that K&N uses the Dynojet name, yet they both use the "Power Commander" name. I'm not sure who it is that actually manufacturers the PC units, but obviously there is some sort of business agreement in the background. Both Dynojet and K&N market accessories for motorcycles, with Dynojet being most recognized for its dynamometers and jet kits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts