Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dumb bitch you see in this picture below is filing a lawsuit against three major companies for compensation for what her ancestors were put through. What the hell does something that happened 200 years ago have to do with anything? Nobody owes this bitch a damn thing! I'm not racist but damn I've got to draw the line somewhere! The three companies are Aetna, CSX and I can't even remember the third one I'm so pissed. But some chickenshit judge will rule in her favor. Then I'll be getting sued because of what my ancestors did. I aint got shit to do with that. Damn!:finger: Ugly bitch aint she?

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
We screwed the Indians and I feel they should recieve every break we can give them so I don't feel blacks should be treated any different.

I don't know all of the facts of this case, but If the companies made money off of her ancestors then I think she (and other decendants) do deserve something. Keep in mind this is only my opinion, and like I said I have not read all of the facts about the case.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I agree with Robert, especially about Native American Indians. I am ashamed to be an American as far as our "conquest" of the Indians is concerned. Everything we did to them was dishonest and dastardly and inhumane.

There are a lot of things that have happened since Rosa Parks stayed in the front of that bus in the 1950',s especially during LBJ's term as president. We can not, however, repair all wrongs from the past in perpetuity, it has to be cut off and set within reasonable boundaries, like the first guy says, can I be responsible for something my ancestors I never even met did?

Still, we have to know this was coming. The jews sued insurance companies for not paying out monies that belonged to their relatives (WWII), and with the tobacco law suits going the way they are, someone had to reach for this eventually. However, in my opinion, if relief were granted, it would be limited, if not at trial then by the appeals process.

Without knowing more about the lawsuit I cannot really say the plaintiff is a "bitch", I think that is a bit harsh, even if the lawsuit was way off base. We don't know the lady.

Still, with the Indians, we have continually violated the very treaties we made with them, and we owe them big time for that alone, and since the violations are continuing I feel we can be made to pay for that.:mad:

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
True

One thing that people don't seem to understand is that caucasian people (being Politically Correct here) were slaves WAY before African Americans were. I understand about taking land and giving back to American Indians. But I can not understand why only African Americans feel that they should be repaid for slavery. I don't see caucasian people demanding they get money for being slaves.

I don't mean to offend anyone as far as race goes with these comments.

·
Registered
482 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong

What happened to her ancestors was horrible. But what happened at the time was legal. Why would people at the present time pay for what is illegal now but was committed when it was legal.

Just my fuzzy logic.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The pathetic thing here is that the people who will be stuck with footing this bill is John and Sue Q. puplic regardless of race. These are three large companies for sure, but none of them have the financial resources to come up with the kind of funds mentioned in the initial filing. There are still seven other companies that have yet to be named in the suit as well. There are a multitude of additional problems with this suit. For example CSX was not even a company until the mid 1980's. CSX effectively formed by a merger and was not even in existence when the supposed attrocites occured.

This suit was filed with the anticipation that the law will be disregarded and a verdict, or more likely an out of court settlement, will be reached that is based strictly on public opionion.

My ancestors came to this country in the early 1900's. We did not own slaves and my ancestors worked their assess off farming or becoming self-empoyed and I will be dammened if I feel like I owe anyone anything.

How about if she also files a suit against the true Africans (meaning the ones that were born there and still live there) who's tribes were the ones rounding up the slaves that were brought to America?

Can I go to Russia and file a lawsuit because my German ancestors from 10 generations ago might have been enslaved as a result of some conflict over the best hunting ground?

We have gone to great lenghts to compensate Native Americans. But at what point does handing out free lunches, cash, etc., to someone for the rest of their lives really help anyone regardless of race? Help them become educated and learn a trade or a skill..

Remember, you can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he can be fed for life.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Re: correct me if I'm wrong

slowrat said:
What happened to her ancestors was horrible. But what happened at the time was legal. Why would people at the present time pay for what is illegal now but was committed when it was legal.

Just my fuzzy logic.
Exactly! How long does modern society have to pay for the past?!? This lady 'feels the pains' of her ancestors slavery about as much as I 'reap the rewards' of their labors! Hell, I dont even know if my ancestors even owned slaves!

All I know is, Im getting pretty tired of being the 'majority??!!!' watching the 'Minority' (HAA HAA) get every break imaginable! Hell, I would love to be a black woman these days; I would have the world at my feet and not have to do a damn thing to deserve it... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Indians should be compensated.
African Americans should not be. Whites, chinese, indians ..ect.. have all been slaves. It sucks. Get over it.

The only reason these cases go through is because 1 million africans will protest and a racial war will break out if it's not taken seriously...

~Ted Nugent

·
Registered
72 Posts
Only thing this money hungry bleeding heart should get is a big piece of govt. cheese. What a bunch of sh!t.......

I hope I don't get sued for what my ancestors did......I'd probably be tried for crimes against humanity......

FVCK THEM!!

Everyone wants a fVckin handout these days.......and our bullsh!t courts is the easiest way to get it. It would be another sad day in amerika if she wins this case.

You know, I just thought of something, I'm gonna sue yamaha for me getting into that accident, That old lady didn't see me coming, probably cause my bike wasn't painted with a bright color. Then I'm going to sue her Eyedoctor cause he didn't make her see well enough......why didn't I think of this sooner.......I'm gonna be rich!!!!!!:D

RIGHT ON TED!!!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Last year I took a course in American Indian history. The professor was white, but was obviously on the side of the indian. Despite that, What I got out of the course is, we didn't treat the indians as bad as you think.

Our ancestors coming to American can be thought of as a conquest. Conquests have been going on since the begining of time. People in Europe were running out of room and resources. Our ancestors needed more land and resources to contiune to develop technology. The native americans had a tremendous amount of resources at their disposal, that they weren't making use of. Their society was stagnant, and was not developing. The native americans had reached the pinnacle of their technological development.

Americans came to make use of these resources, and develop new technology. We tried to peacefully integrate with the indians. They would have none of it. The indians started the violence, with bloody massacres of American settlements. They turned it into a war.

I agree that we did bad things to the indians. But they had started a war they couldn't win, and paid the consequnces. The death rate of Indians vs. Settlers is not that different. Its not like popular opinion believes. 10 guys didn't kill off millions of Indians. Its near a one to one ratio.

The indians lost a war. In that respect, they are fairing FAAAARRRR better then any other society that has lost their land to war. They have been given safe havens, and legal protection. Even though they are now immersed in a productive and fruitfull society, many native peoples still refuse to participate in society. They are not forced to remain on those reservations anymore. They have been given the opportunity to get an education for free, and join the American society. THey can get a job, buy a house, live in the suburbs.....Many choose not too.

I firmly believe that our world would not be the wonderful place to live it is today without Americans coming to America. They fought and died for this land. If they hadn't come here, we wouldn't be here. Computers, airplanes, telephones, electricity, cars, engines, trains, etc.. And most importantly, SPORTBIKES...
Do you really believe we've have ANY of those with the continued overpopulation in Europe at that time? Without our Ancestors coming here, The overpopulation would only be worse.

Next time you feel sorry for American Indians, remember these things. We came here peacefully, they turned it into a war. They were probably the most wastefull society in history. Americans did not commit the level of crimes that we have been told we have, with regard to the Indians.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Kevlar7R said:

Our ancestors coming to American can be thought of as a conquest. Conquests have been going on since the begining of time. People in Europe were running out of room and resources.
Next time you feel sorry for American Indians, remember these things. We came here peacefully, they turned it into a war. They were probably the most wastefull society in history. Americans did not commit the level of crimes that we have been told we have, with regard to the Indians.
Hmmm. Let's see. Based on your sense of logic, I can go to your home and take it over. I can bring unlimited resources more advanced than anything you can think of, and if you resist my trespass, I will wipe you and your family out, take the survivors and put you in an outhouse in a corner of the lot and deplete all your resources and tell you to live with it, because I let you live.

But I get to stay in your house because now I own it. Even though by my own laws it is called at best "adverse possession" and not recognized as ownership if the owner resists. I did not give you a bargain, I forced you to do it and gave you token consideration that I knew was insufficient. Of course, I came in peace and you decided to resist merely because I was uninvited and by all laws a criminal trespasser, but heck, YOU DESERVED IT!

Yeah, that is logic. We have prisons filled with people who think the same way.

·
Registered
282 Posts
fuster said:

Hmmm. Let's see. Based on your sense of logic, I can go to your home and take it over. I can bring unlimited resources more advanced than anything you can think of, and if you resist my trespass, I will wipe you and your family out, take the survivors and put you in an outhouse in a corner of the lot and deplete all your resources and tell you to live with it, because I let you live.
The indians never claimed it to be their land. They're cool like that.:D:D

As the wise Kevlar said, they had a war and lost so too bad if they can't keep up with technology, they should be forced into schools and let's not forget to cram religion down their throats. Forget about the way they USED to live, that way was dumb...

Kevlar is kewl.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Kevlar7R said:

I'll be sure to tell my grandmother that next time I see her, Kev.

Wasteful society? So you're saying that my ancesters are the ones who have depleted the forests, ruined thousands and thousands of acres of farm land and brought smog into our way of life? Hmm I guess I need to re-read my history books. Are you sure you were paying attention in that class?

I'm not here to preach that the *white people* were bad nor am I going to sit and listen to someone who may not know the whole story preach about how the *indians* started it all. I'm not jumping on you Kev, so don't take it that way. I just cringe everytime I see any race of people dragged through the mud because history is not always taught accurately. :( Each person sees what they want to see and hears what they want to hear which makes educating extremely difficult.

As for this lawsuit... I think the lady is out of line and should be slapped. :D If we continue to waste our resources battling issues from 200 years ago, how will we battle the issues that are slowly tearing our country apart today? She should consider herself lucky that she didn't grow up then. She wouldn't be in a position to complain about ANYTHING.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ya our history books are already being re-written, our statues and some landmarks are being remade, all just so we don't offend anyone. Like that ****!n firefighter statue in NY. They remade the image to reflect our diversity. So the people who were actually in the photo, weren't even represented in the statue.

I'm suprised someone hasn't remade the Iwo Jima monument yet.

Our history gets pissed on everyday....it will only get worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a bunch of politically correct hand-ringers here. I thought this forum wouldn't fall prey to this crap. Think about what happens if they are successful; it will do more to damage race-relations that anything else in the world. You can show up Black and penniless in this country and within six years, you'll be pulling six figures and have no debt. No where else in the world can you do that.

I will back reparations when Black-Americans take responsibility for a 70% illigitimacy rate; the highest % of violent crimes; skyrocketing drug abuse and alcohol problems; we do away with affirmative action (won't need it anymore as they are now monetarily equal); do away with welfare and public housing. Until these things happen - don't ask for jack out of my pocket.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Kevlar,

What history book did you read? Mine says we totally stripped the Native Americans of their land, culture , and dignity.

What are you going to tell us next? The Holocaust was a farce.

Inane. Simply inane.

PS: You better log back on to your internet university and retake history.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Munch said:
Hey Kevlar,

PS: You better log back on to your internet university and retake history.
Maybe he was granted admission to the Univ. of Montgomery Wards, because he had a revolving charge account.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts