Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at picking up a 2001 R6

I am around 6 foot, 220lbs, wondering if the bike will be too small or if it should be alright? im just going to be using the bike for transportation, no track days or really tough riding,

thanks in advance for the help

and any opinions on this bike would be great also

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Size-wise the bike will be absolutely fine. I've got 2 friends taller and heavier than you that ride R6's and I've never heard them complain about the size.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Uh, yeah, that's a non-issue. There was a guy at Mid-Ohio who was about 6'4 riding a 350 very well. 600s will pull everyone around faster than they need to go on the street :2cents:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

I am looking at picking up a 2001 R6

I am around 6 foot, 220lbs, wondering if the bike will be too small or if it should be alright? I'm just going to be using the bike for transportation, no track days or really tough riding,

thanks in advance for the help

and any opinions on this bike would be great also
I'm 5'11, 215lbs and my R6 scoots around the track like a champ! I will say I wish I had a little more power on the bottom when on the street, but it's not bad either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
question about milage also, it has around 11,000 miles, is this high or what? i figure the bikes are good for 20,000ish maybe? as longs as maintenance is all kept up on

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Dude, mine's an '05 with 13K on it, and that's just breaking the seal. Many riders will rack up that much in half that time. Keep up on maintenance and you'll see the same mileage as many cars, provided you are kind to the bike. One of the people who used to post here had a bike that had over 112,000 miles and he still took it to the track.

·
Registered
60 Posts
my 04 R6 has just over 15k and the it runs as good as new. Just remember around 20ish is the issue with the valves check em' or fix em' around there somewhere. (someone correct me if Im wrong)
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts