Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in turn 10 and on the radio and flags for the morning and the afternoon turned that position over to another and became an active for the rest of the day.There were 7 sidecars(I think)racing and one of them was using a snowmobile engine with a centrifigal clutch!.It was a real treat to the ears listening to him leave the bus stop and down the front straight without shifting gears like the others.Those `cars have just about as much cornering speed or more than the 250GP two-strokes.They were even offering rides-$5.00 got you a couple laps during lunch.too much fun.............Ken.

------------------

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey--It's Jef here. I came up to you and introduced myself as being from SBW board. Nice to meet you.

I was in line for the $5 sidecar rides and was pointed to go with the "pink" car with the wildmen with colorful hair. Once I got there, I knew I shouldn't have been as they actually expected me to crawl around back there like I knew what I was doing! I originally figured they'd take my $5, whip me around track and I'd sream all the way inside my helmet.

So they pull in from test lap and passenger says, "You know, we should really tighten up these bolts". They then indicate that I should hop on and he'd show me how to crawl around and hold on in different positions. I say "Hey. He just said you need to tighten up some bolts!", to which he says, "Yeah, yeah, we'll get that done. Now all you have to do is...".

All other $5-riders have left for their laps by now. I am last. One pink guy shows up with a wrench and is fussing around by third wheel. "Uh, it's not tightening", he says. Whoa! Little close for comfort. I could have been the one on it when it cut loose! They handed me my $5 back and said they were out of time.

Probably just as well, given the circumstances. Sorry I didnt hook up with you at lunch.

Jef

------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts