Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
How much different is the bike running without plastic? Does the fairing give you a lot of wind protection? How does the lack of plastic effect the aerodynamics? Does it feel different to you?

Kevin

·
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O it feals 100% different. Going down the straight at 140 my head is a little bobble doll.

Aerodynamics, im very un areo. I chased another 06 r6 completely stock and i could out run him in the straght but i also have a full exhaust and pcIII, but it does help a shit load to have everything on.

I was waiting on my race bodywork that will show up this week. I wouldn't recomend riding without it all on if your looking for speed, cause it cuts it down a lot from what i noticed.

-Nick

·
Registered
399 Posts
Figured as much. I know on my bike I get tossed around quite a bit. Fatigue sets in quickly at highway speeds!

Kind of interesting to hear if from some one with direct back-to-back experience on the same bike for a direct comparison.

Kevin

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
that's Stephani's site (the girl who put the whole day together for CORE) ... she does that on the side for AMA I believe... I missed out on gettin pics done becuase I couldnt manage to ride anymore with my knee that afternoon... :(

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DreamRyder said:
that's Stephani's site (the girl who put the whole day together for CORE) ... she does that on the side for AMA I believe... I missed out on gettin pics done becuase I couldnt manage to ride anymore with my knee that afternoon... :(
Yea thats to bad to hear about your knee. Well heal it up you have a lot more trackdays comming up.

Nice to see you again, and ill see ya at some of the upcomming ones.

-Nick

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
linkinpark0726 said:
Yea thats to bad to hear about your knee. Well heal it up you have a lot more trackdays comming up.

Nice to see you again, and ill see ya at some of the upcomming ones.

-Nick
well I'm hopin it was that sore because of the bike and i gettin pulled down when the lower caught on the ramp... if not then I'm screwed for doing all the trackdays I already got scheduled... :rolleyes: it's no fun if you can't go fast enough to get on and off the bike... will have to switch gears and go back to dragracin more :p

The swellin in down today but still tender to walk up stairs with...

Yup.. I'll be seeing ya at the next couple events.. not givin up just yet LOL

E.

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supafly said:
Is that a bike off in the infield on pic 4? Just dont remember an infield barricade at that part of turn 3.
Hmmm that is true, im not sure really. I wish i had different angled pics to tell.

Pretty sure it isn't a bike, cause the yellow flag would have been out and i wouldn't have been pushin that hard through that turn if that was the case.

-Nick

·
Registered
163 Posts
linkinpark0726 said:
Hmmm that is true, im not sure really. I wish i had different angled pics to tell.

Pretty sure it isn't a bike, cause the yellow flag would have been out and i wouldn't have been pushin that hard through that turn if that was the case.

-Nick

Must be a barricade cause if not you would remember him going off right in front of you:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Turn 3 at Grattan has got to be one of my favorites there such a technical corner. I remember my first time around it *you better stick, you better stick* Definately a pucker corner the first time.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts