Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay boys and girls, I need your learned opinions and recommendations. I'm looking to get some new boots, and I've narrowed it down to either Sidi Vertebra's or some Alpine Stars GP Tech's. I've worn Alpines before and they were very comfortable, but I like the replacement features on the Sidi's. So, what should I do? Pricewise, they're about the same, so I'm at an impasse. Help me, Spock! :confused: Oh, and if anyone knows where I can get a great price on either, that would be great too. Muchas Gracias...

------------------
C'mon guys! It's all ball bearings these days!...STC

[This message has been edited by VTRPilot (edited August 26, 2000).]

·
Registered
169 Posts
how about i confuse you a little more ;)
i own both of the boots you are talking about,...i really cant say which ones are better, they fit about the same, if anything the sidi may run a bit wider, but not much, if they are,..if i had to pick one it would probably be by looks,
as far as price, the sidi's i got about 1 month ago, and they are from motonation
$ 225 havn't seen them cheaper.

------------------
texas tornado #2

·
Registered
25 Posts
just bought the sidi's myself. very happy w/ them. just bought a spenco insole and happy as a clam. wore them 8 hrs no more discomfort than wearing my dock martin's.

:)

------------------
'00 VFR800fi
TBR full, high and right

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the advice. I went with the Sidi's from ProItalia in Glendale, CA. $225 with free shipping was the best price I could find without a sponsorship directly from Sidi. Guess I'm gonna have to bone up on my GP skills if I wanna get free stuff...

------------------
C'mon guys! It's all ball bearings these days!...STC

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ok, sorry to bring up an old thread.

Anyone know how the Sidi's fit? I wear a 10 1/2 - 11 in most regular shoes, and have a normal width foot. Also, how are the soles on wear? I don't want to wear these things out walking around. I guess this is a general problem with all boots?

I figure getting the ones that are 11-11 1/2 and putting insoles in if needed would be a plan, thoughts?

·
Registered
380 Posts
my boots- Sidi Strada
I wear a 10.5, Euro size 45, if that helps. They fit great, as comfortable as my timberlands. Not great to walk around in all day, but not bad either. I've worn them inside shopping malls, outside on the grass, and countless hours on the bike with no appreciable wear on the outside or the sole. I hightly recommend them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Great info, thanks a ton. One last clarification, so you wear a 10.5 in shoes generally? So they are pretty dead on as far as sizing goes? Not bigger or smaller than most normal shoes?

Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts