Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
My coputer sucks so I cant watch the video:finger: ..... But about the no handed wheelie, that is a combo of turning your idle up to keep bike going without throttle and using the back brake:confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ho to do the no-hand-on-the-throttle-wheelie?

They sell friction devices to hold the throttle in a position. Sort of like a poor man's cruise-control.

cdma2k

·
Registered
3 Posts
A bit more than that even, mine sits at 3,4-4,500 depending on what im doing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: no hnad wheelies

Gixer_Wil said:
First the idle is bumped up to 2500 rpm then balence .....and o ya balls!!!!!!
they would be big balls too LOL also looks like his rear tire has very low tire pressure. ... guess this might help with teh turning at slow speeds.

·
Registered
518 Posts
cdma2000 said:
Ho to do the no-hand-on-the-throttle-wheelie?

They sell friction devices to hold the throttle in a position. Sort of like a poor man's cruise-control.

cdma2k
If you're really poor try an "O" ring. get one that can be easily rolled from the bar end, but not so tight that it can't easily be rolled back.

·
Registered
518 Posts
slaintedan said:
Amazing!!!

Is it the same guy doing both the dirt and street stunts?
isn't that you...crazy Dan?

·
Registered
38 Posts
most of those stunt guys are boring and doing the same crap over and over..Stuff that Gary Rothwell was doing 10 years ago but that was really awesome..

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can't get that file, it's probably too old. I've looked but don't see any, but I'll ask anyways. Does this site host any stunt videos or is there a thread with working links to videos?

·
Registered
20 Posts
all about the rear brake, and for the idle why don't ya just turn up the idle from this little screw which hangs down by the frame oh yeah its called an IDLE ADJUSTER

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont know about streetbikes, but on quads, no handed wheelies are fairly easy. You need to boost up the idle, then get the wheelie up.. find the balancing point and go for it! :thumb:

·
Registered
489 Posts
You mean like these? I can give a detailed "How to" if you're really interested. Takes some serious brake control. But they're not hard once you try them a few times.

The guys name is Dan Jackson. He's a good guy. Very nice. If you see him don't be afraid to walk up and say hi. Also, keep his mother in your prayers... she was just diagnosed with cancer.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts