Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fallen riders? (only 1/2 sarcastic) :(

a couple died in a motorcycle accident last week.. guy was letting his girlfriend drive.. neither had a helmet.. both were drunk (i posted this in another thread).

& another that i just learned about... this one was an olympic hopefull who had actually been selected to this years alternate team but turned it down. i dont know the specifics but i met him once, he was a friend of a girl i date. until this point no sportbike rider in colorado springs died this year.. & only 1 death.. a cruiser at the begining of the year.. now its 2 sportbike riders & a passenger. i just feel lucky that no one i regularly ride w/has died.

anyone counting how many deaths have been posted this year?

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes! Make another fallen riders section. This is depressing to go to all my motorcycle forums and see another rider down and dead post. This year seems to be especially bad for the sport. Some times its good to see or hear about consequences of riding. helps keep me honest on the streets. But not every other day or just before you set out on a nice ride. Its too demoralizing.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:
"Frankly I don't think I
would never want to post in a 'Deaths' Forum
It's taboo."

Yes i see it as being bad luck to. Thats why givig it another forum would be appreciatd by me. Its ok to hear about this stuff once in a while, but everyday and anywhere is annoying. I get enuff retard on 2 wheel stories from friends, relatives and yahoos on the street. Call it story time from mother goose for all i care.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hmmmm... An obituary for motorcyclist? Will there be included those that did not die from there incidents or will it be death only. It sounds like it would be a depressing topic but would give people a reality check just to remind us that we are not invicible(sp). I guess you can count on my support. Those that do not want to hear about it can choose not to open the thread right?

PS I would be cautious when posting material of this particular nature. Some people may get upset if they found out that the death of their loved one was broadcast to the world.

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

Damn rice burners!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i rather see a forum to educate new riders and gets real facts to them to avoid some of these situations.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Yeah, I'd have to agree that education would
be a good idea, Like a 'How do I not Die'
Forum as opposed to a 'Deaths' forum. It's
just too morbid. Frankly I don't think I
would never want to post in a 'Deaths' Forum -
It's taboo.

------------------
I really should be working...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like i said i was being somewhat sarcastic.. its just we have had so many lately that we have enough to fill another forum.

on that note.. another girl i date found out that one of her best friends from texas died on a bike. specifics are not real clear but he apparantly had front end problems causing him to cross into on coming traffic.. he was not wearing a helmet (see a trend here?).

so for me this year (including passengers)
4 in my town
1 known by someone i know
3 i met once or twice.
1 i knew on this forum.

------------------

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Well I've been thinking about this since it first came up and I've got mixed emotions about it. While I think it would be a good idea to post about the educational side of this, I do believe that it would be extremely morbid to made a forum just for deaths. I realize we're all sick people here :D but it just seems wrong to me to give death its own place here. I think for the time being we ought to leave it as posts in daily rider.

------------------
Will Darton
Administrator
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
hopefully in 2001 there won't be a need for it. 2000 was the best year for sportbikes (new r1, gsxr, 929, rc51, et al) and the worst year for people going down. i see a scary trend there, but i hope that maybe some more rider education and some willingness for new riders to understand that little bikes and helmets are very important learning tools.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedPhreak:
another girl i date...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious: exactly how many girls do you date simultaneously? If you've done more than 3, you've got me beat!!! :D ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedNinja:
I realize we're all sick people here :D <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, we are...

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brutha- date at the same time ive had up to 5.. recently up to 3.. but i dont have the time.. so right now im at 2 (but i talk to several other possibilities on a "friendship" level :D).. they are both about to get traded in if they dont adjust their attitudes. :D at least they both like to ride & understand when i disappear for a day of riding w/my friends.

------------------

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just across the county line
A stranger passing through put up a sign
That counts the men fallen away
To the price you pay
And girl before the end of the day
I'm gonna tear it down and throw it away

-- Bruce Springsteen

"Half sarcastic" or not, let's remember the fallen for the days they lived, not the day they died, and focus on how we live (and stay alive).

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ok enough sappy poetry, even if it is springstien..

:rolleyes:

------------------
Fear Oil.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedPhreak:
brutha- date at the same time ive had up to 5...so right now im at 2 (but i talk to several other possibilities on a "friendship" level <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah bro...those "friendships" are always nice to have. You know, kind of like insurance when something bad happens.Your girl(s) give you trouble, you revert to the "friends". I totally hear ya' on that one.

Good call!!! :D

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited October 12, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
looks like we read the same book brutha :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I was just born this way... ;) :D

We are bad, bad men...

------------------
~Nick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice cheery subject.....

Do we reall want to know about this stuff...everytime you tell someone you ride....well you all know thw story....I had a friend who was doin 160 he....BLA. BLA ., BLa

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe I'm too old

Seems to me we can learn from others accidents, either from first person "I never saw it coming", to "looked like he went in too hot" second person.

I've lost lots of friends, and would like to have the opportunity to learn from thier mistakes if possible.

Bad luck or karma, gimmie a break. One of the few times I was the center of attention at my flight school was when I ground looped a C-152 in a quartering tail wind. Hardly anyone had gotten stuck like that and wanted to know what it felt like, since we avoid such conditions like cops on a long straightaway.

I'm just tired of hearing about friends blasting into cars and trees. Then again, I was wheelie-ing down Bourbon St last night :) *slaps his own wrist*

Xert
The clutch must've slipped officer, I swear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts