Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1988 honda cbr600f hurricane for $1400.

Full coverage is going to cost me around $3000 for 12 months, liability will be around $200-400.

This is my first bike. Is it worth it to fully insure the bike? Especially since the price i paid for the bike is less than the cost of full coverage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow not sure where you're getting your insurance quotes from but that' WAY too much. Check with State Farm if it's available in your area or maybe even All-State, they were the 2nd cheapest when I was in the hunt for insurance.. I'll give you a hint though full cov. was half that even w/ All-State on my 07 ZX6R so you should be able to get a much more reasonable rate.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I woudlnt bother with full coverage in your case, but I would get medical on top of the liability. Its your first bike, and the chances of a crash are very high. It is almost certain going to get totalled in a crash (with a bike that old, the adjuster can probably total it without a crash), so full coverage isnt worth while. However, your medical will take care of the ER visit you will most likely need after that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree, on a bike that old you do not need full coverage. Even if you did total it, as long as you was ok, you could fix it with parts off ebay for half what the value is of the bike.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's bizarre. I never get full coverage for cars, but for me the difference in price between full and minimum liability was only $20 a year on the gix, so I opted for full.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts