Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Work it Out

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
seems like something that would be workable. But if not, I'd have to say keep the dog.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I'm not saying to dump the dog or the girl. I've had my dog for the better part of 5 or 6 years, and there's no way I'd get rid of him. He's a part of my family. So, unless I am willing to part with my brother, sisiter, or parents, I'd keep the dog.

Realistically, unless you just got the dog and haven't really grown attached yet, I don't see how the dog can be a compromising factor.

But then again, I'm biased, and every girl I've dated, has loved my dog too. Hell, my ex called and said she wanted to stop by to visit my dog (no mention of me :rolleyes: ).

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
If she is going to give you ultimatums then she's not worth being with.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I accidentally clicked the 'Dump the dog". Didn't mean to. I will never get rid of my dog. I'd say try working it out, or let her go.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I say try to work it out, but if that's a no go... she's gotta go.

The chick can find a new boyfriend, it's not so easy for the dog to find a new home.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ditch the bitch.
I would never give up any of my animals for anyone. Its a package deal, no compromises.
A girlfriend is just that, a girlFRIEND. Even a Fiance or wife is replaceable.
To you your dog may be your best friend but to your dog, you are everything. You are their sole reason to exist.
Personally, I would talk to her and see about working it out, but in this manner...
Tell her flat out, no smooth talking, that the dog stays. Then give her a simple choice; leave or stay.
If shes not willing to accommodate the dog, I guarante that later in your relationship you will have other issues and it will be bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
seriously. get ridda the girl. my animals have been there for me way more than anyone i have ever dated :mad:
once dumped a dude cuz he was allergic to my 5 cats :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I say work it out if you could. but if that fails then get rid of her. As I see it the dog is part of your family, and you can't just get rid of it because it is an inconvience for someone else.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
vigis said:
Ditch the bitch.
How terribly harsh!:(

Sounds like you're confronted with two choices.

1) The dog could go to the animal shelter, she stays.

2) She could leave, the dog stays.

In these situations you have to think out of the box, come up with a compromise.:cool:

3) Take her to the animal shelter.:eek: :thumb: :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
spicerke said:
I say try to work it out, but if that's a no go... she's gotta go.

The chick can find a new boyfriend, it's not so easy for the dog to find a new home.
As simple as this sounds, that's pretty deep. Well put.

The dog needs to be first choice because the dog is at the owner's mercy.....not a cool position to be in. There should not even be a choice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
alll I know is that while my dog may be a stubborn bitch at times, she dooesn't talk back or care if I stay out to late. I'd be leaning towards keeping the dog.:2cents:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts