Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Gixxer 600 and I want a new bike and I can get an 02 R6 at a good deal or should I look for bigger?

I also have this posted in the New riders section.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Definately the R6 would be a good buy unless you have something else in mind.

It will be a big bang from your '95 bike & be with a lot of snap & go in it that you simply did not have in the older iron.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
A (newer) 600 is more power than anyone will ever need. I say go for it:thumbs2: I'd love to have one myself.

even though you said "gixxer"

·
Registered
58 Posts
HyDrO said:
Ya right my black with red flames would whoop up on your blue one!!:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
No man its all in the paint. While black has less pigment than blue, it absorbs light thus slowing it down. While the flames do add some power it still cant match the blue, though it is faster than regular black due to the flames. Red and yellow are slow due to having heavier pigments. green has both yellow pigments and blue pigments making it slower still. Silver and gold bikes are the slowest. Not only do they have have pigments and metal added to make them shine, but the reflectiveness of the paint actually reflects light rays giveing them a kind of push backwards, though it has less of an effect at night. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
90 Posts
that makes soo much sense, cause my kawi is green & just seems like it doesnt want to get out of its own way !! :dunno:

·
Registered
460 Posts
How ever the 01 and 02 Red R6's are about the best color scheem that yamaha had espically for the Red.

Best is around here anyway. Not a lot of yamaha's weather R6 or R1. When you do see them 95% are blue.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Slowgixxer600 said:
I have a 95 Gixxer 600 and I want a new bike and I can get an 02 R6 at a good deal or should I look for bigger?

I also have this posted in the New riders section.
I must be the only confused one. How long have you been riding? If its been a long while (measured in years), then why did you post in the New Riders section? If not, then I'd recommend against an R6.

Just my thoughts. Best of luck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The R6 is definately and great buy, I haven''t been able to use mine to it's fullest potential yet. It's also a very easy bike to work on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts