Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys from the south say "Shooting the Gap", are you talking about Cumberland Gap? If not then what do you mean? If so, does this require a very high skill level to just enjoy a ride through it and not trying to kill myself?

I'm following along that squids are us and cagers are them (Cars LOL). I hope I got that right, but why do we call them that and why do we go by Squids?

P

·
0 Posts
A "squid" is one thing that most of us do NOT aspire to be called. Search the archives for "definition of a squid" and you'll find your answer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
VYPIR said:
Welcome to SBW!

I think we should start a Terms forum that has the definition of certain terms. ie squid, cage, poser
Stuff like that is also conducive to starting new terms. Given time it will be a whole new language.

·
Registered
4 Posts
deals gap

I'm not sure where coumberland gap is but, deals gap is the meca of motorcyclist in the south east. 318 turns in 11 miles and the skyway that goes through the cherokee national forest to telico is almost as good. Just watch out for the MAN!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shooting the gap refers to one of the best 11 miles of road on the east coast for a bike. Up hill and down hill twisties through the mountains. The speed limit is 45 mph and the curves are great, all 318 of them. Beware of the cars and tractor trailers that use this road as you may find one on your side around any turn. Use your head and you can have a fun and safe ride. When you get to the dam turn around and do it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts