Sportbike World banner

Shipping bike to Texas

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Ms. Endo Queen 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any connections on shipping a full size bike to huston texas?

thanks

#5 ·
jen929rr said:
It is a flat track xr500 bike for the 70's

the area code is 77441

Kick me a price
I probably should have passed this by Lucky first since this is our truck and its a lease. SO let me pass this by him as well. When are you looking to have this shipped by? I will get back with you by the end of today with an answer and price.

#6 ·
yamagirl said:
I probably should have passed this by Lucky first since this is our truck and its a lease. SO let me pass this by him as well. When are you looking to have this shipped by? I will get back with you by the end of today with an answer and price.
The sale of this bike is pending on the cost of shipping............If the shipping is to high I will not sell the bike to the fellow in texas....I told him I would split the cost possibly with him...but I would need to look into the shipping cost

#9 ·
yamagirl said:
So ummm, thats a no from Chris, sorry. The rate from most shipping companies is about $650 when I did my research. I was going to charge $550.

Here is a link to one place I was checking.

http://shipmyvehicle.com/

I couldn't find anything for under $600, maybe you will have better luck finding a cheaper price someplace else.

Good luck!
Yea I have a 629 quote as of right now.........It just seems crazy.......it is just a matter of finding the right person and right place at the right time

#12 ·
If the bike is crated call R&L carriers, they ship by weight and are very reasonable. Forward air will ship it for arround $600 and it includes a crate to house the bike. There is also a company that used to advertise on the JC motors website ( salvage yard ). I haven't benn there in some time though.

#17 ·
SpeedyZ said:
10MPG what year ram you driving 1980 My 05 get's 16 MPG highway. Oh your padding you price I got ya :p
2007, with the trailer I get 11.0 :crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.