Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
go to uship.com, create an account, and then make a listing for your bike. i use it all the time and have found good quality people on there. i shipped bikes to north carolina, new york, colorado, and few other places. all range from about $300-$400.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yamagirl said:
Yeah, me! How much you willing to pay? Factor in the cost of gas for a Dodge Ram that gets 10 MPG and then a nice tip. What type of full size bike are we talking about? I like Road Trips.
It is a flat track xr500 bike for the 70's

the area code is 77441

Kick me a price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
jen929rr said:
It is a flat track xr500 bike for the 70's

the area code is 77441

Kick me a price
I probably should have passed this by Lucky first since this is our truck and its a lease. SO let me pass this by him as well. When are you looking to have this shipped by? I will get back with you by the end of today with an answer and price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yamagirl said:
I probably should have passed this by Lucky first since this is our truck and its a lease. SO let me pass this by him as well. When are you looking to have this shipped by? I will get back with you by the end of today with an answer and price.
The sale of this bike is pending on the cost of shipping............If the shipping is to high I will not sell the bike to the fellow in texas....I told him I would split the cost possibly with him...but I would need to look into the shipping cost
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,998 Posts
I'm pretty sure the going rate is about $300 from what I have heard, it would cost us $800 in gas alone :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yamagirl said:
So ummm, thats a no from Chris, sorry. The rate from most shipping companies is about $650 when I did my research. I was going to charge $550.

Here is a link to one place I was checking.

http://shipmyvehicle.com/

I couldn't find anything for under $600, maybe you will have better luck finding a cheaper price someplace else.

Good luck!
Yea I have a 629 quote as of right now.........It just seems crazy.......it is just a matter of finding the right person and right place at the right time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
I was told it's more expensive to ship during the 'winter' months. Don't know why that would be. :dunno:
I was looking at bringing a car back from southern Florida to Troy, MI and was told it's more expensive in the winter. :huh:

You may find this useful:
http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/riderresc/shipping.asp


mb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
If the bike is crated call R&L carriers, they ship by weight and are very reasonable. Forward air will ship it for arround $600 and it includes a crate to house the bike. There is also a company that used to advertise on the JC motors website ( salvage yard ). I haven't benn there in some time though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
yamagirl said:
Yeah, me! How much you willing to pay? Factor in the cost of gas for a Dodge Ram that gets 10 MPG and then a nice tip. What type of full size bike are we talking about? I like Road Trips.
10MPG what year ram you driving 1980 My 05 get's 16 MPG highway. Oh your padding you price I got ya :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,998 Posts
SpeedyZ said:
10MPG what year ram you driving 1980 My 05 get's 16 MPG highway. Oh your padding you price I got ya :p
2007, with the trailer I get 11.0 :crying:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top