Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'll admit I'm hoping to pull the sled out for one last trip next weekend, I fired up the Duc yesterday and took her for a little spin! The whole rest of the night I was wound up like a little kid on christmas eve! lol MAN I forgot how sexy that thing sounds...

Did anybody else give in to temptation?

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
While I'll admit I'm hoping to pull the sled out for one last trip next weekend, I fired up the Duc yesterday and took her for a little spin! The whole rest of the night I was wound up like a little kid on christmas eve! lol MAN I forgot how sexy that thing sounds...

Did anybody else give in to temptation?

:cheers:
lol, last saturday i brougth my bike from indide my condo and put her back in the garage. and yup, i HAD to start her up. dayum did she sound sexy :D but no ride, well, if you count going around my condo unit real quick. i was supposed to go on a ride tomorrow to L7 or STG. but the snow falling now will prevent me from doing so :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Went out Thursday last week when it was in the low 50s - it was fun, but I also felt like a retarded monkey on the bike. It just felt really weird to be back on it and it probably had a lot to do with the brand new front tire and badly worn rear. Oh well, the bike will be in the garage for a few weeks getting some TLC while we wait for the weather to finally turn around.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya know that was the really nice part, it felt natural. i was wondering if i was gonna be used to sleds or what, but nope she leaned right over (road & tires were still pretty cold, so not too far though) :laughing:

·
Registered
443 Posts
ya know that was the really nice part, it felt natural. i was wondering if i was gonna be used to sleds or what, but nope she leaned right over (road & tires were still pretty cold, so not too far though) :laughing:

I know the feeling... I turned in the roundabout at Vandyke and 18 mile... a quick right left switchback and then power out.... AAAAAHHHHHH it felt right! Of course it was a very slow speed and not too fast... the road and tires were cold (and so were my hands, knees, inner thighs, etc) :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went out for about an hour last Friday. Then I rode to work this past Thursday. 29* was a bit chilly for the 50 minute commute but my new Oxford hand warmers worked like a champ.
Unless I get the full heated gloves, I think I will limit myself to riding when it's at least above freezing.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I went out for about an hour last Friday. Then I rode to work this past Thursday. 29* was a bit chilly for the 50 minute commute but my new Oxford hand warmers worked like a champ.
Unless I get the full heated gloves, I think I will limit myself to riding when it's at least above freezing.
And who are you again?:huh:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I was coming home from the gun range & felt sorry for a few chaps riding their Cruisers to HD bikes (have not seen anyone riding a sportbike) for they were up against a lot of wind & rain was really pounding on them. A bit cooler & it would be snow.

Unfortunately some riders are more accustom to Spring weather when driving a cage & think they can do the same on a m/c & the answer is NO.

Fortunately we, as h/gunners were shooting INDOORS while the Trap shooters were outside fighting the weather of wind & snow with most of their clays being missed while shot, primers, wads & powder was being wasted so they called it after 30 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts