Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Shane “Shakey” Byrne will make his Camel Honda debut alongside Alex Barros at the Sepang circuit on Friday amidst a wave of excited expectation from British fans. The former British Superbike Champion replaces Troy Bayliss, who has returned to his home in Monaco to recover from a recent operation to repair a broken wrist, and will also be riding for the team at the next round in Qatar.

"I have never raced in Malaysia but I did test there with Aprilia. It is a technical circuit and I like it, but until I ride there on the RC211V I don’t know what to expect. I have only ever dreamed of riding a bike like this.”"

Team principal Sito Pons commented: “I think that with a competitive bike and team he will be able to show his true ability. I hope he adapts quickly to the Honda and to the team.”

Talk about pressure, do well or head back to British Surperbikes with Chris Walker and Neil Hodgson:squid:

It would be nice to see him do ok, whats the betting BP?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I really hope he goes alright..... :thumb:

Only just watched Hodgson running a Duke in the AMA on the telly last night, must have gotten sick of the BSB loonies :) :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Tug said:
"Shane “Shakey” Byrne will make his Camel Honda debut alongside Alex Barros at the Sepang circuit on Friday amidst a wave of excited expectation from British fans. The former British Superbike Champion replaces Troy Bayliss, who has returned to his home in Monaco to recover from a recent operation to repair a broken wrist, and will also be riding for the team at the next round in Qatar.

"I have never raced in Malaysia but I did test there with Aprilia. It is a technical circuit and I like it, but until I ride there on the RC211V I don’t know what to expect. I have only ever dreamed of riding a bike like this.”"

Team principal Sito Pons commented: “I think that with a competitive bike and team he will be able to show his true ability. I hope he adapts quickly to the Honda and to the team.”

Talk about pressure, do well or head back to British Surperbikes with Chris Walker and Neil Hodgson:squid:

It would be nice to see him do ok, whats the betting BP?
Sepang & Shakey.

If it's dry i'll give him top ten finish or maybe even top five if a few key guys screw up. It won't be for lack of trying that's for sure:D

If it rains>>>>>>:crying:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hasn't this topic turned colder than a wintery day at Phillip Island fast :p :p

Heard that Vermulen may get Bayliss' seat for our Motogp in a few weeks???? Which it looks like I'll miss thanks to being stuck in the land of the Crout!!! :barf: :barf:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah

As Tug said it was a "career ending performance" pity it would have been nice to have a brit amongst the wops up front.

Lets hope Chris V does a better job :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts