Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking another trip to Shady Valley, Roan Mtn, and NC 80 tomorrow...just wanted to rub it in. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
636Jen said:
You suck!!!!! :laughing:

I'm going back down in June...maybe I'll see you there!! :D

Jen
If/when you come down, how about let me know so I can tell you where you should ride this time? I promise you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, don't take that wrong! I just want to make sure you guys get overwhelmed, that's all. I kinda like being a good host. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks for rubbing it in Steve. Enjoy your ride. Webb led us on as awesome ride Friday so don't bad talk him too much. I would like to see some more good roads too. Not that what we saw wasn't good though. Just more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't talk bad about anyone...didn't realize you guys were that sensitive. Well, I got riding to do so I'm outta here...my offer still stands. :)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
drama drama :rolleyes: lol

I will PM you. Ken was going to come over here yesterday so we could go over some maps but he was busy visiting with friends so we'll have to do that later. Maybe if I gave you my destination, you could point out some choice roads to take. :)

Jen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well, Shady Valley was full of pirates, Roan Mtn was full of rain, so bad that Sprint_ST and MCH noted some slightly unnerving moments. 80 was clean and dry, but there was one little stretch where Matt locked his rear tire and Rod slipped on a little gravel. About the same time, my bike acted as if a bear had grabbed it and shook it end to end. Basically I felt the front and rear suspension completely unload and completely load several times, while I was going about 60 mph...the rear tire would spin and then catch, then spin again. I figured "well, let's see how this ends up" and just stuck with it. Finally, she settled down and we all went on our way. Who knows what happened? I think this just supports the whole "don't bail on your bike, or try to alter things" concept...just let the bike settle itself out.

Well, we finished up and rode home this evening...too much Memorial Day Weekend traffic. Otherwise, not bad.

Jen, I'll get to your PMs this weekend and give you some ideas.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Hey Steve.
Interesting.
Last Sat, I rode 91 from Mountain City to 803 to 80 and 80 all the way to the Breaks park in Kentucky. I thought 80 was a really nice road.

However, I did not encounter anything like you described. Must have rained alot since then.

Glad to know that you, Matt and Rod are all ok.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry man, already back home. If you're free toward Thursday, I might be up for something though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts