Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for more SF Bay Area riders. I ride with three other guys most weekends. One rides a '98 900RR; one is on a '92? CBR F2; and the last guy rides a '99 Gixxer 750. We ride Redwood road between Moraga/Oakland and Castro Valley. Old Mines road by Del Valle (Livermore). Alice's (near Woodside) Santa Cruz Mtns. Anybody up for these rides or know of better ones?

------------------
Y'aint livin' if y'aint leanin'

·
Registered
1 Posts
South SF Bay

Hey:

I'm surprised this thread has been dead for so long.

I'm a new rider. Did some riding last summer (did the route up Hwy 9 to Alice's) but haven't done anything over the winter. I need someone who can be patient with me while I get my confidence up. I've got a little Ninja 250 (I'm little so it fits me) and just need some company.

Thanks!
-Kathy

·
Registered
5 Posts
No Cal riders

Yep, I'm always looking for some people to ride with! I ride with a group of about 40 people (rarely all at once) from all around the bay area. Everyone is terrific and we always have a great time. All makes, models, and skill levels are always welcome! R1highside and Kathy - I would love to ride with either or better yet, both of you. So don't be shy about inviting be. I don't frequent this board often as I'm usually on www.labusas.org so use my email liberally. [email protected]. Next time you ride, count me in! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm just trying out my first bike in 5 years. I live In Santa Cruz, but don't really know the good biking roads, so am interested in riding with anyone in the area who does.

Like Kathy, I'm a bit rusty. I found out how much when I tried Highway 9 this Sunday.

Hopefully I'll have worn in my leathers soon, so I won't feel too self concious to ride up to Alice's :)

Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I noticed that this thread has been dead for a while. I ride with a great group of folks scattered throughout the Bay Area. We've got a mailing list we use to organize rides and often go to track days together. You can find us at: http://www.coolrides.cc/

·
Registered
8 Posts
the tread has not been dead the site lost a months post when they installed there 3rd server

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey guys...Im a beginning rider in Fremont. I am looking for more people to ride with also,anywhere in the Santa Cruz/East Bay/Valley area. If anyone is interested in riding the local road around here...shoot me a mail at [email protected]
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
roads

im a bay area guy.
living in san jose now..
ive been on most/ a good chunk of the good riding roads around here.

been on redwood road, calaveras, sunol grade, mount hamilton road out to mines road (livermore) and out to patterson (hwy 5)

on the west, 9, 35, 84, 1, 17,92 and some nice goat trails in between.
santa cruz mountains were my favorite for quite a while.. but ive branched out a bit.. gotten away from the larger groups of motorcycle traffic.

in san jose, we have
san felipe road, metcalf road, quimby road (up to the base of mt hamilton), and some nice roads i dont know the names of.

and lots of roads inbetween.

some of these roads can get somewhat techical, but i dont mind riding with newbies so long as they ride within thier limits.

Steveac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts