Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first bike a few weeks ago a '93 zx'6e used. It was in good condition when I bought it but I am doing a lot of maitnance and work on it that I am a little unsure about. I do not have a lot of knowledge with bikes but am fairly mechanically inclined otherwise...

My question is, is the service manual

-----------------

1993 NINJA® ZX™-6

Technical Publications

Item Number Description Price Add To Cart
99920-1609-01 Owner’s Manual ZX600D4 15.95
99920-1634-01 Owner’s Manual ZX600E1 15.95
99924-1128-02 Service Manual ZX600D 59.95

from kawa website
-----------------

worth it and/or do I need the owners manual too. Notice the sercvice manual is for a 600d not E...? Does that mean its for the D4 instead or my E1... or are they the same manual.

It has been reccomended to me to buy only kawa mannuals not unofficial mannuals what are your feelings?

Where is the cheapest best selection place online for parts...

Thanks

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Parts for bikes >10 years old are most often best gotten from bike-specific forums (try kawiforums.com or yahoo groups) or Ebay. The next option is the dealer, who might carry whatever else you can't find.

As for the service manual, I've usually owned both Clymer's and the manu's. There are a couple of Ebay sellers with Kawi manuals you could check out. Also, I think there's a link or two for older bike service manuals in PDF form. You've already tried a Search on here for "service manuals" or something along those lines I presume? ;)

EDIT: I can't speak to the model difference. It depends, unfortunately, so keep an eye on here and repost the question in other forums, again, particularly those that are Kawi or ZX-6 specific.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha... Yeah I've looked at places like this but never anything close enough to my model... its 59 bucks for the official service manual I think I might just get it...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I went to order the manual I found out that it cover's like a ten year span of zx-6's. I don't know how specific it will be to my bike or how much help. IDK maybe I better start with a cheaper allternative... Would the offbrands most likely group the years togerther too?

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
When I went to order the manual I found out that it cover's like a ten year span of zx-6's. I don't know how specific it will be to my bike or how much help. IDK maybe I better start with a cheaper allternative... Would the offbrands most likely group the years togerther too?
The Clymer's do tend to match the manu's manuals in terms of model years in my very limited experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts