Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the bug has really got me. Im very seriously thinking about trading in my 99 900RR for a 2001 929RR. They will give me $7500 for my 900 and I havent really worked them yet on the 929 price, but as of now they'll give me the yellow/blk for 11k out the door.

Three questions:

Do you guys think its worth the trade-up?
Is the 929 that much better than my 900?
What should I pay for the 929 out the door?

and BTW, I already checked on the insurance, Im with Allstate and my rate will NOT change at all! WOO HOO!! Thats only $380.00/ year for full coverage!

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
10,500 out the door is more like it, but that's quite a trade in they're offering! Unless you'd consider a GSXR1000 or R1 I'd say go for it!

------------------
Heeeere piggy piggy...

·
Registered
205 Posts
ya kyle,

if the dealers price is good for a couple months i would wait till the nem bikes come in(2001)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im so confused!

I dont really know what I want to do now.

I think I really aught to get away from the full blown 'race' bike and look at more of a sport-tourer. Now Im thinking about a Blackbird, or a VFR (but I dont really think so) or maybe even a naked bike! Like the new Monster... I dunno, I'll wait and see how my mind changes for a couple months.

Any suggestions? Im really partial to Honda, but Im trying to keep my mind open.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yuk

i personnaly am not a fan of the blackbird. i'd say busa but they aren't sport/tour or hondas.
VFR's are nice or a thunderace. they aren't my style either but i guess they are very comfy

·
Registered
938 Posts
Did you suffer some blunt trauma to the head recently? :D

Why do you feel the need to change bikes?

Have your skills outgrown the 99RR?
--If so, then the 929 would be a nice step up.
--If not, I would master what you have.

Do you want to start doing a different type of riding?
--Touring..etc

I've ridden the 929 (a short ride)and I was not impressed enough to want to change from the 99rr. Personally, I like the pre 929-style much better.

·
Registered
205 Posts
come on...

don't push your views on us buddy... :D:D:D:D

just kidding, i do agree to an extent but, sometimes we just want to try something new.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Re: come on...

MEHLMAN said:
don't push your views on us buddy... :D:D:D:D

I'm trying to get Kyle to keep the 99, his bike has been the guinea pig for modifications. Fender chopping, frame sliders, Sigma computer...etc. I let him try it first and if all goes well then I follow suit.

If he switches bikes, then I'll have to too ;):D.

[Edited by I1aCBR on 10-23-2000 at 06:34 AM]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I have a 2000 VFR for sale if you're interested... See classifieds section. 7800 bucks or so takes it. :)

Ian

G

·
Re: Im so confused!

riverrunner_2000 said:
I dunno, I'll wait and see how my mind changes for a couple months.

Kyle, considering our previous e-mail conversations about bike choices, I'd say that waiting a while before you decide is a very smart move. Get your head on straight; there's no rush.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: Re: come on...

I1aCBR said:

I'm trying to get Kyle to keep the 99, his bike has been the guinea pig for modifications. Fender chopping, frame sliders, Sigma computer...etc. I let him try it first and if all goes well then I follow suit.

If he switches bikes, then I'll have to too ;):D.
oh... sorry i didn't realize you thought like me. nevermind!!

hey kyle have you ever tried neon lights on the RR?? :eek::D

·
Registered
468 Posts
riverrunner_2000 said:
Well, the bug has really got me. Im very seriously thinking about trading in my 99 900RR for a 2001 929RR. They will give me $7500 for my 900 and I havent really worked them yet on the 929 price, but as of now they'll give me the yellow/blk for 11k out the door.

Three questions:

Do you guys think its worth the trade-up?
Is the 929 that much better than my 900?
What should I pay for the 929 out the door?

and BTW, I already checked on the insurance, Im with Allstate and my rate will NOT change at all! WOO HOO!! Thats only $380.00/ year for full coverage!

Is it worth trading your '99 for a 929? I don't know. the 929 is a better bike. it has more power, better throttle response, and handling that'll make you think that you have been running the tires on your '99 ten pound of pressure underinflated. Whether it is worth the extra money is your call. If i were you, I would look to get a good deal on a new 2000 model that is leftover in somebody's warehouse. The only cahnges for 2001 are cosmetic, and I think that the 2000 model are nicer than the 2001 (fireblades, anyway). You could save yourself at least a grand (probably more) by going with a 2000 model.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The reason I want to change is for a few reasons. Number one being that I dont think I should be on a bike that has one purpose, that being to go REALLY FAST! :)

Its not that Im bored with the 900 or that I can handle all its got (LOL!!) But rather I was thinking of something more multi functional and reasonable for my uses. Lets face it, I commute about 10x more than I get to go hit the twisties and I STILL havent found time to make it to a track. Even if I get to go to a track, Ill be so worried about laying my bike down that I probably wont push myself to make it worth the trip.

So anyway, Im going to wait awile and talk to Pete (hopefully in person in TX. in December)

Back to bike choices though :)

Who doesnt like the Blackbird and why? Personally, I think it looks great, especially in the 2000 titanium color. It performs very well as a sport-tourer...

And thanks ALOT people for your input, it really helps my troubled thoughts. :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
! Vote for the Blackbird

My riding buddy has a 97 Blackbird which is not fuel injected. We have swapped bikes a few times and I've found I really like the bird. It may be just what you're looking for...plenty sporty and a more comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Go Bird Go Bird

A little predictible, But I think the bird is great:)

I do lots of commuting & a little bit of the twisties, when I can.

( here in NZ the titanium is the 97-98 colour, met blue is the 99-00 or black:))

Ross:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: Re: ouch

Pete said:
Well, I thought such a comment should come from someone that you really like. :D [/B]
so, if that were the case, why did you say it again??:confused:

ahhhhh...... LMFAO :D

i got you! i got you!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts