Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Unfortunately not too surprising. Most kids I went to school with can't even name half of the 50 states in the US. Asking them to name countries is just such a burden for them to bear....:rolleyes:

Fucking morons. I do have to wonder how much of that was them cherry-picking the truly stupid ones, and how many recognized that they were being messed with.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh Lordy!

Wonder how Bush would do in this interview?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
spicersh said:
Unfortunately not too surprising. Most kids I went to school with can't even name half of the 50 states in the US. Asking them to name countries is just such a burden for them to bear....:rolleyes:

Fucking morons. I do have to wonder how much of that was them cherry-picking the truly stupid ones, and how many recognized that they were being messed with.
Yeah filming the ones that get it right aint funny. And i can't believe the Australia ones. But some are scary :eek:

·
Registered
315 Posts
No mitigation but

The interviewer had stuck a big Iran label on Australia, later replaced by North Korea, with South Korea on New Zealand.

I would also point out that most Asians would fail to place Iran too, as well as almost every other country outside Asia except the USA.

And how would you all do on Africa?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Best one I've experienced here was a local girl we hired at my previous job. Her credentials were that she knew how to work on a computer.
She didn't know North, South, East, West or any of the continents. She didn't even know where Singapore was on the map!!:eek: :eek:

The irony of the situation was that when hiring her, geographical skills were taken for granted so never asked. Her job description was to punch vessel positions all over the world...:hurl: :crying:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: No mitigation but

1-4 The Road said:
The interviewer had stuck a big Iran label on Australia, later replaced by North Korea, with South Korea on New Zealand.
Not knowing (even roughly) where your country is currently invading is to me, fairly ordinary :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Even if these are the worst of a bad bunch :2cents:

Like your story Silva, how could you not even know where you are on a map, even the farking yanks know that one, don't they?? :squid: :squid:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Re: Re: No mitigation but

Gixxer_Dave said:
...even the farking yanks know that one, don't they?? :squid: :squid:

Ummm....errr....uhhh.....yeah. Sometimes. :thumb:

Just kidding, I always know where I am on a map. I'm at the spot marked "You Are Here." :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Silva Bullet said:
Best one I've experienced here was a local girl we hired at my previous job. Her credentials were that she knew how to work on a computer.
She didn't know North, South, East, West or any of the continents. She didn't even know where Singapore was on the map!!:eek: :eek:

The irony of the situation was that when hiring her, geographical skills were taken for granted so never asked. Her job description was to punch vessel positions all over the world...:hurl: :crying:
If you think she's bad, maybe you should consider my current colleague!! Margarine thought I was exaggerating things when I told him some of her ignorant deeds. Now both of us watch her closely for entertainment!

Here's 2 of the famous "deeds" or things she said:-

1) Toronto is in Japan.... New York is in London... (I briefly suggested to her that Mohammed Sultan is in Middle East but I'm not too sure if she bought that)
2) She still calls US bank offices (Not the 24 hour variety) at 10am Singapore time (One could forgive a new employee but she's one year with the company now) and she'll complain that the receptionist is too lazy by not answering her calls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts