Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm going

I'm leaving friday and going to Ah Hoi's for a tuneup and see if it was really worth putting on the Acropubic.

Current plan is stay at Cell Block 'H' on Friday, but may go into town instead for some...er hmn.. 'light relief'.

Legend was supposed to join me but it seems from his SMS this morning that its..... free Bacardi Breezers tonight at the 'Gay Gurkin' and Tarquin wants to go dancing.....

Whatever Ledge...have fun. Whose Tarquin, did I miss something whilst I was in Delhi?

If anyone else is going up Friday and wants to hook up, drop us a post.

I'm going up reall early to get to Sunway Cycle by mid day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My plan is to leave Saturday around 0800 and ride to Concord first,leave the stuf, and than go to the track. Can somebody post the telephone number of Concord?

Thank you

·
Registered
642 Posts
Big Thanks From Me

With the race bike already up in Sepang I decided to ride up early Saturday morning with the Mudda Ship on his new R1.

There we were doing our stuff and weaving through the traffic on the Nth-Sth Highway, when I had a very sudden flat on the rear. Scary stuff.

Anyway pulled onto the hard shoulder; The Mudda Ship quickly realised that something was amiss and turned back. A few miutes later 1-4-The Road happened upon us and also stopped. He had not just a puncture repair kit, but on this occasion a set of Pirelli Supercorsas strapped to his pack rack as well!!

Next stroke of luck came when a recovery pick up stopped to see if we were ok. As luck would have it he happened to have a small air compressor to re-inflate the now repaired tyre and so we were on our way.

Made a precuationary stop in Kulai to have the repair checked out, which inlcuded a slap up roti paratha breakfast and we were back on our way.

Thanks to Trevor and Brad....

·
Registered
315 Posts
More to be said...

Track and company, fully agree, great weekend guys.

Weather was actually appallingly hot; I look like the elephant man with a heat rash all round my neck and various other places.

I also got a puncture from a 1cm metal shard, discovered leaving the Concord, but thankfully the repair kit and garage opposite did the job.

Far too many riders of too wide a range on the track at once. Coming out of T9 there was a guy coasting up the hill looking round for his friend to catch him up...and two burks in succession stuck their timing beacons on the pit wall when mine was already in place.

However, the highlight of the weekend was our very own Legend T-boning one of the slower local lads into the rough on T12. Newton's third law then took effect and he bounced off himself, sustaining a broken gear-lever.

Personally I was way off form, and although I enjoy tracks at my own pace I'm not sure my heart is in the actual racing stuff. I see the top lads fly by on their sidewalls and sideburns and don't think I want to go there. I'll see how it goes in Round One.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Agreed

A top weekend but fully agrees with 1-4 regarding too many riders with way different abilities on the track! I think many of the riders were on the track for the first time and I don't think they'd had a briefing regarding track behaviour. Coming out of the pits without looking, slowing down to wait for their friends on the straights and I even saw one guy who had completely stopped his bike coming out of turn 11 right were you might go off if you came in too fast.

People just don't realize the dangers they put themselves and others in by their behaviour on the track! There were quite a few people going off but I don't think anyone was injured badly.

Saw Tug's old bike, now in Rizla livery, the new owner was on the track for the first time and dropped it coming out of the pits at turn 2, poor chap - I don't think he was too proud of his day's work.

Left the bike in Malaysia and had some nice offers of a pillion ride back to Singers, however decided to take the flight back. After 4 hours waiting for a seat I finally arrived at Changi at 6pm.

Only 2 weeks to the first race, however not many MSS'ers at the track, I guess they are biding their time...

·
Registered
409 Posts
First MSS race?

Should be on the 25th right? Final exams are over on the 20th so I figure a trip up north to watch the action would do me some good. How much are the flights up there? Or if someone could be kind enough to let me hop in the car if anyone is driving up...would be very grateful....:D

I volunteer myself to be the pit junkie.....:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts