Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Want to go but,

What day?

Personally I would prefer to go up on Saturday morning, and if all is okay, I would ride back down on Saturday evening. However, knowing the North-South Highway it might not be the safest thing.

What do you say YP?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Want to go but,

Silva Bullet said:
What day?

Personally I would prefer to go up on Saturday morning, and if all is okay, I would ride back down on Saturday evening. However, knowing the North-South Highway it might not be the safest thing.

What do you say YP?
I am thinking of going up on sat morning, doing the track session on saturday afternoon, staying either at the Concorde KLIA or the empress and go back sun before noon some time.

It might be a bit much going back to Singapore the same day.

I read the security going into Singapore has been increased, what was it like when you came back last sunday?

·
Registered
560 Posts
We were driving by car,

and they were checking each and every one of us. Don't know about the bikes though.

Anyway, there wasn't any particular delay caused by this, and bikes should not be a big problem.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Traffic stops..

there was three of us riding back into Singapore on Sunday, soaking wet, to say the least.

I was a little worried - 8pm, Dark Visor, small number plate, race cans, but no problems. One guy got stopped, but he was waved thru before he even got his lid off...

Should be fine.. they aren't looking for the likes of us.. I don'tknow about you tho Nils.. You have got "Terrorist" written all over you

:twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
560 Posts
Police controls

Chumley,
Did you get stopped on the way up by any of the police speed controls?
I believe they stopped everything that was driving with a Singaporean licence plate.
Thinking of it, there was probably no way that they could stop your big slow ass for speeding :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
726 Posts
Who, Me??

I saw one Police car the whole weekend..

The only people I know that got stopped were driving their cars.. Mind you, they were also the only people who didn't get soaked

·
Registered
32 Posts
They are checking everyone.....

Whether you'll be effected or not will depend on the time of day that you decide to go through the causeway.

Weekends should be no probs at most times except coming back into Sing in the evening say 5-8pm as all the Singapore 'Johor- shoppers' will be coming back at that time - whether it effects the bikes or not I'm not sure but there always seems to be more bike/car traffic at around that time.

If I were you, I'd ride up/down at night and bugger the speeding/customs problems - not too mention the heat!

I won't be able to make Sepang this weekend.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts