Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
yellow peril said:
Yeap, it's ready and waiting for action.
Hey that's great :thumb:

I'm riding up to Sepang on sat evening before sunset about 4-5pm from Spore. What is your plan?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I was going to flag it ..... but ..... looks like we might have a group ...

Let me see .... we have a possible starting of ...

1. YP
2. 1-4
3. Bluecat

... any others keen ??

·
Registered
315 Posts
Armed convoy

will be leaving Esso after 2L at 15:15 hrs Saturday. First objective is to see if we can reach the dangerously new speed limit on the NS Highway. All conscripts welcome; barrack overnight at Cell Block H. Civil war to be waged on track Sunday morning 0900-1200 and may the slickest, oilest, bastard win.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We were about 10 bikers from Singapore making it to bootcamp on Saturday night. A few of us arriving in time for dinner and a drink in the bar while other chose to arrive later.

Come Sunday with beautiful weather and after a quick breakfast, down to the track after tanking up with fuel and water. Track opened before 9am so the keenest of us had already done quite a few laps before the big crowd arrived. Some people took it easy, gaining in condifence after crashes or periods of inactivity, while others were setting a good pace. By 10am there were 50-60 (?) bikes at the track giving opportunities for overtaking manouvers.

Thankfully, no serious crashes and everyone was able to ride their bikes back to S-pore.

I think it is safe to say that everyone had an excellent day! Looking forward to the next track day at the beginning of February already. :D :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Which tactfully glosses over my 'save'

After taking 1.3s off my previous best (soon be under three minutes at this rate) I gung-hoed into turn 5 attempting an outside overtaking manoeuvre before deciding it wasn't wise. Lensy should have been there for the rolling stoppie over the kerb and grass and the bucking bronco bit through the kiddy litter. Eventually decided to fall off before I was thrown off. Suzi has some nappy rash on the left but no damage to levers or otherwise.

Still was an excellent morning...funny how you can keep going for three hours with the odd rehydration and tank refill.:thumb:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wish I'd been there!!

At least it gives me some more time to get the new bike ready!

Sounds like you guys had a blast!!
Glad to hear the offs were not serious.

About Sepang in the near future,
Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki will be testing there starting from January 21st. Honda will be there on January 21st. Yamaha has the track together with Suzuki on 24th-26th, and as most of you know Valentino will be there to ride the M1 for the first time!
Anyone feel like taking a ride up and having a look?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts