Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 1000K5 two weeks ago, bling bling, but out of town until end of month so hardly any chance to ride it yet. So...

Anyone know anyone who knows anyone who wants to buy a 750?

One year old, just under 20,000km, never been dropped, never lost a sump plug, original unused bodywork back on, regularly serviced, spot-on dyno readout. Asking S$15k ono.

PM me if any interest.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
One thrashed and crashed old bike, new model just round the corner so soon to be very obsolete, only attractive to people that are simply stupid .... i.e I just might be interested :)

Fancy dropping the price a HUGE amount, and taking part exchange for a lovely Suzuki DRZ400, just the thing for taking the family to the local dairy...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad luck Legend

Just sold the 750 (for a reasonable amount) which by the way has never been dropped. That was the previous one (K1) which I crashed at PG on T1, and at Sepang at T9 and T12 plus the kamikaze Pizza Hut scooter. Hard apprenticeship but it neither made me faster nor spoilt my fun.:rolleyes:

By the way, thanks for calling me simply stupid, the web was made for people like you, sorry to trespass.:twofinger

For everybody else, go get a 1000K5 and find out for yourselves why the magazines like it more than they usually drool over the latest kit.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought you'd never ask

Just back from a second spin to run it in round the twisties in Malaysia. It's much more stable in rough corners than any of the previous Gixxers, in fact nothing seems to unsettle it, gives you a lot of confidence.

Only flaw I can find is that the petrol tank bulges so much it gets in the way of your inside arm when doing u-turns, and it can throw you off balance.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Quite remarkable

1-4 The Road said:
Only flaw I can find is that the petrol tank bulges so much it gets in the way of your inside arm when doing u-turns
I don't think the designers were too pre-occupied with its car park manners when they pencilled this one. But your quote is a classic Trevor... I'm going to send it in too Fast Bikes and see if we can have it printed !!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Looks shit hot 1-4, except for that dog ugly can...... :thumb:

Bet it feels like a rocket compared to the 750 :p

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can lah

The can is supposedly all about ground clearance and mass centralisation. Looks naff on paper and merely odd in reality, I'm picking up a Yoshi can on Monday though it's a similar shape.

Engine's not quite ready for a thrashing yet, I'm still enjoying riding it like a street bike - pulls from 2000 with a sound like a diesel, solid torque for overtaking compared to the 750, and that high first gear is a psychological buzz.

New vs old...yes it's smaller alright.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Re: Can lah

1-4 The Road said:
- pulls from 2000 with a sound like a diesel,
Id be avoiding that at all costs, should be spinning it up with light load. Sounds like a diesel:eek: Sounds like its protesting.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Was thinking the same, the last thing you wanna do is labour a new mota :eek:

Love the size, but I'm not sure I could own a bike that had a poxy shaped pipe like that :cool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Gixxer_Dave said:
Was thinking the same, the last thing you wanna do is labour a new mota :eek:

Love the size, but I'm not sure I could own a bike that had a poxy shaped pipe like that :cool:
You suzuki guys crack me up. You ride pig ugly shite for years then moan about a pipe :twofinger

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Pig Ugly???

bigphil said:
You suzuki guys crack me up. You ride pig ugly shite for years then moan about a pipe :twofinger
Come on BP, a shit arsed looking pipe like that would still improve the look of your average Yammie :thumb:

How's it go......

'I'd rather push my Suzuki than be seen riding a Yamaha'

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Pig Ugly???

Gixxer_Dave said:

'I'd rather push my Suzuki than be seen riding a Yamaha'

You might as well push ! It'd be farkin quicker:twofinger

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now now kiddies

And be assured I've read everything there is about running in engines. I'm not making it labour ... just that the airbox growls much louder than the 750 (by design to be sure) and you can hear those big pistons at low revs.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Size

I'm sure that if you painted the 750 black, removed the goldwing windscreen and pictured it from directly in front; while painting the K5 white and viewing it from the side, the the size of the bikes could be interpreted a bit differently.:twofinger

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's why they call you smallest member

Look sunshine, the facts are that it's:
25mm shorter
5mm narrower
20mm lower (15mm at the seat):D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: That's why they call you smallest member

1-4 The Road said:
Look sunshine, the facts are that it's:
25mm shorter
5mm narrower
20mm lower (15mm at the seat):D
The overall length is shorter only because the muffler is so short, fat and ugly. The wheel base is in fact longer on the K5. I guess this also allows for more space to lower the seat hight. The width is probably due to the mirrors not sticking so far out. Not the body width... I wouldn't be able to feel the 5mm if it was the body width anyway.

There is probably little doubt that the bike performs. However, they could definitely need some help from Yamaha or the Italians when it comes to design.

Ehm, can I have a go at it when you bring it to Sepang?? :eek: ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts