Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this guy's thread on another board, and LOL. Several on here have sold bikes privately; have similar experiences?

"If you show up in shorts, a t-shirt, no helmet, I might give you the benefit of the doubt. But if you stall the bike 3 times in my driveway, and look like you're scared to death to be back on a bike again after "all this time", get the hell off. You're not test riding this bike.

If I explain... "It's an inline 4. You have to slip the clutch at 3 grand to take off. It has zero torque below 3000rpm." and you look at me like "what the hell are you talking about???", you're not taking a test ride.

If I explain over the phone that the CB750 I have for sale is NOT a good learner's bike, and you assure me that you have plenty of motorcycling experience, but then show up and ask me where the shifter is, you're not test riding my bike.

If you're not confident about your skills, you're not going to test ride my bike."

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i was joking around with a guy once when i went to test ride the bike. i put on my helmet, put in the key, started the bike, then yelled to him "now remind me. which lever is the clutch?" you should have seen the look on his face. :laughing:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts