Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, well i was looking through the classified section of our forum and found a bike i was interested in Miami Fl, just an hour from where i live. Anyways i emailed the sender and eventually got a reply back saying he was out on the country and the bike was at a shipping place in NE...?

The first things that made me nervous was the fact there is no phone #, this bike is a steal, the email adress he responded with(a persons name) was different than his posted name, and why is the bike is in NE?

Here is the latest email he sent to me...

"Ok i will be responsable for the shipping cost so all you have to pay is $3000 . I will try to explain to you how this thing works . You have to register on the shipping co website www.federalspedition.com and reply me the user name that you have used for registration so we can start the transaction. They will notify you that you are in their database as a registered user and the transaction starts. After you accept the transaction you will receive an invoice with the name of their official receiver assigned for our deal. After you send the amount to the official receiver they will start the shipping process. You will receive the bike in max. 6-7 days with all the documents.
You will have the bike at your disposal for 7 days to test it and inspect it. After those 7 days, if you agree to keep the bike they will give you a bill of sale with your name on it as the new owner and i will receive the money from them.
Let me know if you need anything else." <--the price dropped $300 and he's paying for full shipping cost?...man i like this guy!!

Also, so i didn't sound like an a**hole if somehow this was real, i checked and the user name in the add doesn't exist in the the current member list.

So besides all this i have a great feeling about the deal. I've decided to send cash and the key to my car, just so he won't sell it before i can arrange shipping. 2002 r6 here i come!!:cheers:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sniff, sniff...I smell something and it isn't the baked trout in the oven! Hope it works out for the better.

·
Registered
462 Posts
bhartwig32 said:
Sniff, sniff...I smell something and it isn't the baked trout in the oven! Hope it works out for the better.
+1

I wouldn't send cash if I were you. This just sounds super iffy.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lateott_156 said:
+1

I wouldn't send cash if I were you. This just sounds super iffy.
Ever heard of sarcasm...? haha:twofinger

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

NE as in Nebraska, Northeast, or New England?

This story is almost as comical as the Nigerian government leader scammers who were in "jail" and need to "liberate their millions" with the assistance of anonymous American citizens. Please wire $5000 now to show good faith and we'll transfer $2,000,000 next week in return!

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
227 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

NE as in Nebraska, Northeast, or New England?

This story is almost as comical as the Nigerian government leader scammers who were in "jail" and need to "liberate their millions" with the assistance of anonymous American citizens. Please wire $5000 now to show good faith and we'll transfer $2,000,000 next week in return!

~ Blue Jays ~
What do you mean comical :confused: ? The guy in the email sounded sincere and promised that I would be wealthy. After all I am helping him in a difficult situation. Some people are so close minded :twofinger

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Sounds like a new twist on the Ebay versions. People sell bikes and cars on Ebay all the time for really low prices, and when someone buys them they are in anouther country and impounded or something to that extent and that they are now responsible to the fees as well as the shipping to remove the vehicle from the country. Its just a new twist on an old scam. If ya cant see the product they cant see the cash.

Sepias

·
Registered
13 Posts
ran into the same thing myself... killer deal on a Busa', so I e-mailed, and this guy came back with a whole "I'm actually in England, but I will ship the bike anywhere for free... after money is sent to a third party company..."

I hate to say it, but... if it smells like a scam, treat it like one.

As above... anymore, if I can't see it, and talk with someone directly, they don't see the cash.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya this completely turned me off of dealing with anyone not in the area...even though that was origonally my plan anyways. Hopefully no falls for this but the sad thing is you hear about them doing just that all the time. I wish i could meet people like this face to face but they're pussy pos smammers hiding on the internet:finger:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts