Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all that had a mishap this past week.. I hope your all okay. Last week, i was witness to three accidents and even one of my own.. Seeing these accidents is quite an experience. Two of my own freinds had to go to the hospital this past weekend, one was canyon running and highsided, flew through air and landing back first on the guardrail. *ouch~!*.. he's okay.. no broken bones, the other lost control doing a wheelie. *a newbie* and slammed it down and crashed it into a car, he fractured two bones in his back.. and after a catscan, he's also okay.. im told. my accident was juss stupidity.. coming into an unfamiliar freeway onramp.. and ran it up into the curb.. juss laid it over on its left side for the second time. dammit. luckily i had leather on.. and gloves.. that have a small hole in the right glove.. should i replace them now?.. anyhow. juss some scuffs on my jacket.. the other accident was when i was at bike night and the guy was leaving on a hayabusa on acold tire... i guess he was either doing a wheelie and looped it.. or highsided it.. he spun his rear wheel. thass all i know.. his bike slid for like twenty feet.. hit the curb.. juss one side has dammage.. and he broke his pinkie.. he didnt' have leather on.. a little scuffed up. anyhow.. my original question is.. are we not as scarred of goin down anymore?.. i dont know. ive jusss seen or heard of a few too many accidents latetly.... maybe you everybody can get everybody to tone it down a bit.. ;).... who knows it might work.. over here we have about another month or two of riding.. and i'd like to see everybody make it.. yaknow.. well.. ride safe..
jos F
theGoldenboy

------------------
Some day, i'll ride like all the famed riders of today.. for i will be the rider of tommorrow.. :D:D, cuz as of today.. i have only three months of riding everyday experience under my n*tS.. :D:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I've been hearing it a lot also. Just upgraded my jacket and gloves....hope this alleviates some of the fear.

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ive noticed it too.. and I figured out the reason. Stupidity.

Well, i know thats not nice, but even the accidents that are not our fault are still, 9 times out of 10, completely avoidable.

Be totally aware of your surroundings and all possibilities and dont ride beyond your own skills. Those two tips will prevent almost every accident on a motorcycle.

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It has been a pretty bad year. I lost one riding friend and another got blind sided by a cage and is still recovering after 3 months. Plus there have been various smaller accidents like yours. By the way, get new gloves; never trust worn stuff to work right. Those gloves did their job and now you need to get new ones.

Anyway, ride safe all...

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Don't woory about the glove. Just put some tape on it and keep riding. If you fall again remember to use the other hand.
This leads me to a question, my agv's are old and want to retire, reommendations on gloves or should I go straight to the gear forum?

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Herm, stupidity?

I was stopped at a light, with traffic crossing in front of me. :p Herm, nowhere to go cept get hit.

Xert

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xert:
...I was stopped at a light, with traffic crossing in front of me. :p Herm, nowhere to go cept get hit....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"..9 times out of 10..."

"...almost every accident on a motorcycle..."

Lighten up Francis.

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Funny you should post...

I was just remarking with a friend of mine that everyone seems to be hitting the ground lately where I am... The season here (CANADA) is coming to a close and for some reason, people in cars are getting dummer... A friend of mine on a Gixxer 600 got hit on Thursday by a car, and my other friend Jay got hit by a car on Friday on his Gixxer 750... Both boyz are okay with minor damage to their bikes (thanks to frame sliders).... Today I saw a Harley eat it becuase the dude's Corbin seat came off just as he was about to give the bike a blip out of the parking lot... It was nasty... And last but not least, I lost a friend of mine, #23 Frank Wilson, a Canadian who this year was racing for Team Yamaha in the Superbike serious... He was critically injured in practice on Sunday at Shannonville raceway in Ontario and died Monday night of head injuires... This, sucks most of all.... Frank's team mate and best friend Glenn died July 1st weekend at the same track... This has been a terrible summer...

With the exception of Frank and Glenn, everyone elses mishaps were becuase of other people stupidity or becuase of faulty bike parts...

Anyway, the one thing I have come to realize is that death, in what ever form is final... Nothing brings them back... Nothing changes... Everything just sucks...

Take nothing for granted people... Someone dying shouldn't have to remind you of that, but sometimes it does....

Kirsty.....

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site www.geocities.com/hondahuney

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D :D whose herm :D :D// anyhow.. thanks for allt he replys.. and ride safe. and i will be replacing the gloves.. as soon as finances allow..

peaCe

theGoldenboy JOS F

------------------
Some day, i'll ride like all the famed riders of today.. for i will be the rider of tommorrow.. :D:D, cuz as of today.. i have only three months of riding everyday experience under my n*tS.. :D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts