Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also lay this cable flat out thru everything in the garage.. Table saw, lawn mowers, Snow blower and heck even the atv, and car when I go away for a week..
I still wish I would have added one of those rubber garage floors rather than the pergo hahahaha

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
that's pretty interesting. I like the idea, shouldnt take too long to rip off. I just got pissed at locks because I cracked my fender backing the bike out yesterday at grattan with the lock still on the disk.

Speaking of which, you guys had a decent showing at the trackschool, congrats!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Why don't you just get a pit bull? I have a pit in the house and 5 bikes in my garage; nobody has attempted anything as far as theft goes. I do like the cable job. It just looks very complicated to get it through every thing you own to keep it secure. And just for a ride; that seems to be a lot of work to get the bike out of the loop for a ride.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
399 Posts
Check this out for those that use a disk lock and forget to take it off. I have't researched to find the company yet, but it looks like a brilliant idea to me!
Disk Lock

Kevin

·
Registered
625 Posts
did the laws in michigan change?????i guess by your post that you made ...so you can now use deadly force in protection of property now eh?....kick ass!!!!

let em have it...the replacement cost on my bike way outweighs what i owe...fuck em let em have it

·
Registered
980 Posts
I got a scorpio system with proximity censor, is pretty sick. Right now you have to get pretty close to the bike to have it start chirping at you, however you can increase the sensitivity quite a bit. So like someone 5 feet away will set the bike off. Great for securing lots of bikes in a parking space or two. Not really worried about the bike being stolen around here, but more about people dicking with it or sitting on it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
RSWarrior said:
did the laws in michigan change?????i guess by your post that you made ...so you can now use deadly force in protection of property now eh?....kick ass!!!!

let em have it...the replacement cost on my bike way outweighs what i owe...fuck em let em have it
Last time I checked ME was not Michigan lol :twofinger

Seriously though, I agree. My insurance deductible is less than defending myself in a murder case.

·
Registered
699 Posts
If a Pitbull attacked someone breaking in; they can't charge you with murder. I am not real up-to-date on laws, but I'd have a hard time pulling the trigger thinking I'd end up behind bars. I guess I'll do some research on this.

·
Registered
746 Posts
A local cop that comes into the shop told me if someone breaks into your house you have the right to use deadly force. He has to be inside the house. If he is breaking in he has the "intent" to harm. Might want to throw a kitchen knife by him for good measure.

Of course laws vary state to state. If someone is in your garage I don't know if that's the same thing. I would say you heard a noise in the garage, grabbed your shotgun and checked it out (better yet you where putting your shotgun in the garage). There was a guy in there and when he saw you came rushing toward you and you blew his ass all over the garage. With a shotgun there's no much room for error and even if you shoot him in the leg he would bleed out before the ambulance arrived.

Anyway I keep my 500 stubby next to my bed waiting and hoping for some asshole to break in wanting to rummage through my sock drawer.

:2cents:

-M-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts