Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I do a search the site returns a list of hits. When I click on the link to take me to the post, the website takes me to the sportbikeworld.com homepage instead of the post. Ugh....What's up with that???

------------------
Karl - Denver, CO
'00 Honda VFR800FI
'99 Subaru Outback

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey, it's pointing you in the right direction. What more do you expect for free. :D

------------------
Clark

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NinjaBNL:
Every time I do a search the site returns a list of hits. When I click on the link to take me to the post, the website takes me to the sportbikeworld.com homepage instead of the post. Ugh....What's up with that???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just used the search function minutes ago with no problems. I do know that if a thread has been deleted, it will show up in the search results (it doesn't get auto-purged from the archives, but is inaccessible), and if you click it, it jumps you to the homepage. Maybe that's what you are experiencing.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited July 18, 2000).]

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
We at SBW do not keep messages older than 60 days anymore (we are a victem of our own success!) :)

So when you were doing a search it was pointing you to a message that did not exist anymore. The site is set to automatically send you to the front page if you try and access a page that no longer exists.

To make a long story short, I have updated the search and now it will only search pages that are still available.

Sorry for the confusion.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts