Sportbike World banner

61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
WHATYATHINK, 2 OR 3 MORE MONTHS?

Greetings,

As we all tolerate the blues of this winter weather, I was just starting my bike in my garage. I thought to myself wondering: How much longer do we have until we are able to get back out on lthe open road and enjoy our machines? So whatyathink, 2 or 3 more months? Tell me what you all think.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tolerate?!?!?! i'm not tolerating shite! this is driving me nuts. that said, i've already put in 350 miles since x-mas eve. last year i started riding in mid march, i'm figuring this year won't be any different. Gerbings heated clothing makes a big difference, too. I can ride comfortably from march to november. expensive gear, but worth every penny.
I'm just counting the days to my 1st track day of the season, 7 weeks to go!
cheers,
Lance

·
Registered
26 Posts
Whatyathink, 2 - 3 more months?

...yeah, that's gotta be some expensive gear to that provides comfort in adverse conditions however, I'm among the those who have to wait until weather permits to ride. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to hooking up my trailer and taking my bike to Florida and ride with a buddy a served in the military with. The sportbike scene there is AWESOME! With that, be safe and have fun.:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
sup all

riding season is almost here!!!!! that being said my ninja is done.
all the mods are done and i couldnt be happier!!!!!!!
i look forward to riding with you all soon (hopefully)

"keep the shiny side up and the rubber on the ground"

·
Registered
26 Posts
YEP, ALMOST HERE!

Yo Retread,

What's happenin'? Long-time-no-hear-from! How've you been? I look forward to hookin' up with you again and going for a nice cruise. I can't wait 'til this crappy weather breaks. Stay in touch!
:thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
yep i knew it one last snow....................that figs,i finished my bike and now i'm stuck just looking at it.oh well i guess i'll just wax it AGAIN,lol. i look forward to hangin with you as well GF247.
anyways that was my rant thanks for reading

·
Registered
40 Posts
I rode about 40 miles yesterday. out to chelsea for a cup of coffee to warm me up & back. lots of salt still on the road. to cold to do any serious scratching, but it feels great to get back out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
salt is exactly why i havent brought the bike out yet,put to much money into bike to have salt eat it away(i know i'm a puss)
thursday is suppost to be 60 and thats after a few rains so maybe
just maybe i can break her out of my shop and tear hell out of the streets,if anyone else is interested post up!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
SOUNDS COOL TO ME!

If it's nice enough, I'm game! Here's my work number (8 - 4, M - F) 313-387-2726 if you want to hook-up anywhere within the western subs (i.e. Redford, Livonia, Westland ect. and ride) cool?:thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can't wait!!!

My bike won't be ready for riding untill mid next week. Oh well, I will more than make up for the lost time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gixxerchris,

Did I see you at the Fast Track gas station yesterday evening(3/30/06) on 5 and Beech?

·
Registered
26 Posts
...oh, my mistake. Well, give me a shout whenever you're up ridin'. Retread and myself had a blast last season and hope to get a few more riders in the area to hook up and have some fun! Take care.

·
Registered
26 Posts
. . . I'm up for it! Hit me at (313)231-4643 and if necessary, leave a message (I will return your call). :thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Question

Have any of you adjusted your suspension? I lost weight since last year and my ride just is not feeling right or safe. Where is a good place to start? I don't know what to do? I sthere some whee I can take it to get it adjusted? I thinking about lowering it but don't want to lose clearance What do you all think?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Re: Question

Karisma said:
Have any of you adjusted your suspension? I lost weight since last year and my ride just is not feeling right or safe. Where is a good place to start? I don't know what to do? I sthere some whee I can take it to get it adjusted? I thinking about lowering it but don't want to lose clearance What do you all think?
My riding club is having a meeting with topic being suspension setup. the meeting is open to all..here is a link:

http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread.php?threadid=58015

·
Registered
237 Posts
good place to start would be setting your sag... but thats kind of hard to do without a second person. Basically measure the compression of the forks and rear shock when you sit on the bike, and when you let the back down on the ground (load the forks, kind of like setting ride height in a car)...

Damping is pretty much up to rider preference, I ride with mine pretty hard because I like the way it corners... sucks on most michigan roads but damn does it hook up in the corners... if your bike is wallowing, stiffen up the front and rear compression a little bit, if it's bouncing off of bumps and almost bucking you off the seat, stiffen up the rear rebound.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/suspension/

thats a good link for suspension tips and they even have some of there test setups for certain bikes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks!

sodamninsane that was a great post thanks. Me and a few of my friends are going to try to make it out to the meeting that redline is having.

You see the problem with all of this good information is that yes it's good for me to know but I'm not very mechanical i'd rather paysomeone to hook it up for me.

61 - 80 of 131 Posts